Is Nick Chubb on a HOF pace?

Kiwibrown

Nick Chubb HOF?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Chubb

On 1/14/2023 at 1:40 PM, Malik said:

I mean Jamaal Charles had 5 seasons over 5ypc and 1 with 6.4 and no one even remembers him. Not even Kansas City fans

Because that’s not enough seasons. Charles was on pace, and then stopped abruptly. Sam with Chubb, he’s absolutely on a HoF pace, but if his career ended today he is absolutely 100% not a HoF. 

The average length of career for a HOF running back is 10 years. Average yards is a just under 11k. 86 TD.

So Chubb would need to play 5 years, gain 4600 yards rushing with 38 TDs to be an average HOF RB.

So yes, he is on pace. As long as his health holds up for 3 and a half years he should be an average HOF RB statistically. Anything else is the cherry on top.

No.

Really good player, but has never really stuck out amongst his peers as THE guy, the face of the league at his position, or head and shoulders above the rest. Maybe that changes in the future, but based on his current pace, I wouldn't have him in.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

No.

Really good player, but has never really stuck out amongst his peers as THE guy, the face of the league at his position, or head and shoulders above the rest. Maybe that changes in the future, but based on his current pace, I wouldn't have him in.

So are you saying there is no guy? No RB in this era gets in?

He averages fewer carries and more yards per game than Henry.

He averages more ypc and yards after contact than anyone in this era.

McCaffrey is ahead in total yards (about 1000 yards) and behind by 1600 yards in rushing with more seasons and more touches. So that one is close it just depends if you prefer receiving or rushing from a RB, if all things are equal they would be pretty close.

Otherwise, I don't think any other RB is in the conversation.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

So are you saying there is no guy? No RB in this era gets in?

He averages fewer carries and more yards per game than Henry.

He averages more ypc and yards after contact than anyone in this era.

McCaffrey is ahead in total yards (about 1000 yards) and behind by 1600 yards in rushing with more seasons and more touches. So that one is close it just depends if you prefer receiving or rushing from a RB, if all things are equal they would be pretty close.

Otherwise, I don't think any other RB is in the conversation.

I like Chubbs stats I do and even can admit perhaps they're better than Henry's in multiple ways, I'd put Henry in before Chubb, and if you're giving me the choice of putting neither of them or both of them in, yes I'll go neither.

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

I like Chubbs stats I do and even can admit perhaps they're better than Henry's in multiple ways, I'd put Henry in before Chubb, and if you're giving me the choice of putting neither of them or both of them in, yes I'll go neither.

Henry has the bulk, if that's what you're in to that is fine. Odds are they will even out once their careers are done and then it won't look as close.

If you're cool with neither making it in then it will make the HOF more elite. I would just ask that you do it the same for all positions. If 1 RB makes in in per decade then 1 QB makes it in per decade and etc...

If it isn't enough to be top 2 for a decade (projected) then you just don't get in. Sorry Drew Brees. Sorry Aaron Rodgers. Peyton and Brady get it.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Henry has the bulk, if that's what you're in to that is fine. Odds are they will even out once their careers are done and then it won't look as close.

If you're cool with neither making it in then it will make the HOF more elite. I would just ask that you do it the same for all positions. If 1 RB makes in in per decade then 1 QB makes it in per decade and etc...

If it isn't enough to be top 2 for a decade (projected) then you just don't get in. Sorry Drew Brees. Sorry Aaron Rodgers. Peyton and Brady get it.

That's just your opinion lol. You don't get to make the rules of who I think is and isn't worthy of the Hall of Fame. Particularly in an era where the RB is becoming less and less a focal point.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's just your opinion lol. You don't get to make the rules of who I think is and isn't worthy of the Hall of Fame. Particularly in an era where the RB is becoming less and less a focal point.

I'm not saying what your opinion should be, but you'd have a wacky HOF if you only elected certain positions. It's your HOF though so that's fine.

I would have a different HOF and it would include players who were elite at their position for a significant time period.

To each their own.

On 1/14/2023 at 1:05 PM, CP3MVP said:

Yards per carry is at all time highs the last few years.

It’s never been this easy to run the ball. Are we gonna knock current running backs like people attempt to do with current QBs or nah 

The loaded box percentage kinda nixes that, especially coupled with just how bad of QB play Cleveland has had.

On 1/14/2023 at 4:06 PM, Malik said:

Outside of Bettis and Martin, RBs don't usually get in because of cumulative stats. They have to be seen as THE best running back in football for at around 4 years to be considered. How much better is Nick Chubb than say Corey Dillion who has 0% chance of ever getting in the hall

He's infinitely better than Corey Dillon ever was...Chubb's worst ever year is better than Dillon's best in terms of YPC alone.