Is Nick Chubb on a HOF pace?

Kiwibrown

Nick Chubb HOF?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Chubb

With this talk of home run hitting ability, can I jump in and mention how absurd it is Derrick Henry has 13 career TDs of over 50 yards and 7 TDs of over 70 yards. For comparisons, two current guys I consider the biggest HR hitting runners, Chubb and McCaffery, only have 8 50+yard TDs and 5 70+ yard TDs combined for their careers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’d take Chubb’s homerun hitting ability over any running back in the game. His works speaks for itself. And I didn’t bring up 40 times.

I think his strength to speed ratio is unmatched.

As any Ravens fan will tell you I’m a big Chubb fan, so I don’t want this to come across as divisional hate… but Jonathan Taylor is absolutely faster and if there’s a RB in the top 5 fastest in the league, it’s a healthy Jonathan Taylor.

21 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Would it help if I told you he has a top speed of 21.97 mph with pads on which is only behind the likes of Tyreke Hill (21.98) and Matt Breida (22.09) while also posting the fastest time recorded for a player at top speed in the 2019 season in the entire NFL?

While also being clocked running 4.3s in the 40?

I would say Nick Chubb is a top 5 fastest player in the NFL....and he also bench presses horses.

Jonathan Taylor posted 3/5 fastest times in the 2021-2022 season. The time you posted for Chubb is impressive, but is still only 3rd best of the RBs over the last few seasons.FS6A70yXEAAzc8A?format=jpg&name=medium

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

As any Ravens fan will tell you I’m a big Chubb fan, so I don’t want this to come across as divisional hate… but Jonathan Taylor is absolutely faster and if there’s a RB in the top 5 fastest in the league, it’s a healthy Jonathan Taylor.

Jonathan Taylor posted 3/5 fastest times in the 2021-2022 season. The time you posted for Chubb is impressive, but is still only 3rd best of the RBs over the last few seasons.FS6A70yXEAAzc8A?format=jpg&name=medium

Screw JT he killed me this year in fantasy. Dudes a one year flash in the pan. Give me 5 years of a proven commodity. I stand by my strength to speed combination comment. 

Screw JT he killed me this year in fantasy. Dudes a one year flash in the pan. Give me 5 years of a proven commodity. I stand by my strength to speed combination comment. 

I haven’t been following the thread. I just saw the speed comment about top 5 speed. Again I’m a fan of Chubb so I’m not talking down on him.

I’m also a fan of JT though, he’s going to crush it next year as well.

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I haven’t been following the thread. I just saw the speed comment about top 5 speed. Again I’m a fan of Chubb so I’m not talking down on him.

I’m also a fan of JT though, he’s going to crush it next year as well.

I didn’t make a Top 5 speed statement, but I stand by my speed to strength one. His missed and broken tackle rates speak for themselves in combination with some homerun speed.

11 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

With this talk of home run hitting ability, can I jump in and mention how absurd it is Derrick Henry has 13 career TDs of over 50 yards and 7 TDs of over 70 yards. For comparisons, two current guys I consider the biggest HR hitting runners, Chubb and McCaffery, only have 8 50+yard TDs and 5 70+ yard TDs combined for their careers.

Out of curiosity where does one even begin finding this information? Serious question.

I didn’t make a Top 5 speed statement, but I stand by my speed to strength one. His missed and broken tackle rates speak for themselves in combination with some homerun speed.

Ah. I thought you were arguing that as well. I saw you defending that position. Well then, as you were.

He’s very fast and very strong, I agree.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Out of curiosity where does one even begin finding this information? Serious question.

I just headed over to Pro Football Reference and looked up Touchdowns/Touchdowns Scored under the players page.

I looked up Chubb and thought “Hmm, he has less long TDs than I remember”, went to McCaffrey and thought the same. It’s after I looked at a few more current players, I realized it’s not that they have a low amount, it’s just that Henry put up/has put up an insane amount in comparison.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I just headed over to Pro Football Reference and looked up Touchdowns/Touchdowns Scored under the players page.

I looked up Chubb and thought “Hmm, he has less long TDs than I remember”, went to McCaffrey and thought the same. It’s after I looked at a few more current players, I realized it’s not that they have a low amount, it’s just that Henry put up/has put up an insane amount in comparison.

Yeah that's interesting. Chubb's noteworthy homerun runs re of 40+ yards, which give him 8, +1 receiving. Ironically, there have been 2 runs where he's broken off a 40+ and stopped at the 1 to kneel down and win.

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah that's interesting. Chubb's noteworthy homerun runs re of 40+ yards, which give him 8, +1 receiving. Ironically, there have been 2 runs where he's broken off a 40+ and stopped at the 1 to kneel down and win.

I feel like we give Kareem Hunt a ton of touches around the goal line. Chubb does most of the work and Hunt finished them off a lot. That said, stats are a dumb measurement to evaluate players. I know it’s hard to use anything else, but anyone with eyes can see Chubb is a HOF runningback to this point. Stats are irrelevant for dudes that are just that undeniably fantastic.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:20 AM, TitanSlim said:

Big dog I’m lazy af hit me with Gurley. 

On 2/4/2023 at 8:07 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Would it help if I told you he has a top speed of 21.97 mph with pads on which is only behind the likes of Tyreke Hill (21.98) and Matt Breida (22.09) while also posting the fastest time recorded for a player at top speed in the 2019 season in the entire NFL?

I would tell you that this information is incorrect. He did not post the fastest MPH in 2019 (He had the fastest time at one point early in the 2019 season in September of 2019), but there were other faster times that year. With this information, we know that Chubb has clocked a MPH of 21.95 as his personal best so far in his career. Unlikely he runs a faster time this many years into his career, so here's a quick list of just RB's (off the top of my head there's probably more) that have posted faster MPH times in the past few years:

Raheem Mostert- 23.09 mph

Jonathan Taylor- 22.13 mph

Cordarrelle Patterson- 22.23 mph

Matt Breida- 22.3 mph

Kenneth Walker- 22.09 mph

Kenyan Drake- 22.11 mph

Leonard Fournette- 22.05 mph

On 2/4/2023 at 8:07 PM, AkronsWitness said:

I would say Nick Chubb is a top 5 fastest player in the NFL

I'd venture to say there are at least 25 active NFL players that are faster than Chubb. If we use 40 times, track times, or even MPH, there are so many players that have posted faster times. I think Chubb is an excellent RB, but can't get past these claims about him having top 5 speed in the league. Even in terms of "freakish" athletes, I don't think he cracks top 3 in the speed department. I'd venture to say there are at least 3 NFL players that weigh 220+lbs and run faster than Chubb:

(for reference- Nick Chubb's numbers 21.95 mph, 10.69 100m, 4.52 40 time) 

Jonathan Taylor- 22.13 mph, 10.49 100m, 4.39 40 time

Cordarrelle Patterson- 22.23 mph, 10.33 100m, 4.42 40 time

DK Metcalf- 22.64 mph, 10.36 100m, 4.33 40 time

Here are what some of the true elite speed guys run for comparison:

Tyreek Hill- 23.24 mph, 10.19 100m, 4.29 40 time

Raheem Mostert-  23.09 mph, 10.15 100m, 4.32 40 time

Marquise Goodwin- 22.3 mph, 10.29 100m, 4.27 40 time

Devon Achane- 22.2 mph, 10.12 100m, 4.2 range 40 time (incoming RB from this draft class)

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1