PLAYOFFS! Wild Card Game: Ravens @ Bengals (Greg Roman's Last Stand)

wackywabbit

11 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Fun thought. We run the table, send Calais out with a Super Bowl win. Does Greg Roman get to stay?

We win a Super Bowl and that changes the landscape of things.

It means either our defense goes on to put itself on the map as one of the best defenses of all time… as it means that we would’ve forced Burrow, Allen, and Mahomes (presumably), plus NFC QB to all go for under 14 points/game…

Or it means we found out that Tyler Huntley isn’t Snoop, but really Black Jesus and was somehow able to walk on water where other mortals wouldn’t dare think to stand. He would’ve elevated this cast of weapons and this scheme to the promised land and he deserves 200m guaranteed…

Of the two scenarios I think the former is more likely to happen. In which case Roman still needs to go.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The real O/U for this game should be number of bengal players still whining about something after the game 

Line is set at 11.5

On this note it’s become clear to me that the eventual SB champion will be either the Chiefs or the Bills.

I think Mahomes is the same insane GOAT mindset competitor as Jordan that makes up perceived slights or feels slights so strongly that he creates a narrative to achieve greatness.

I feel like we haven’t heard much drama out of KC this season and they’re on a mission IMO.

And while I don’t think the Bills were on a SB pace, I think the Damar Hamlin injury may unite them around a cause greater than themselves similar to Ray retiring in 2012 did for our otherwise weaker unit. I think that team effort might allow them to defeat Mahomes.

But Cincy after that SB appearance and being in a small town that adores them and not a market like Philly, NY, and Baltimore that are ravenous… has allowed their players and coaches to become and believe their own entitlement. Which will ultimately be their Achilles heal this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

On this note it’s become clear to me that the eventual SB champion will be either the Chiefs or the Bills.

I think Mahomes is the same insane GOAT mindset competitor as Jordan that makes up perceived slights or feels slights so strongly that he creates a narrative to achieve greatness.

I feel like we haven’t heard much drama out of KC this season and they’re on a mission IMO.

And while I don’t think the Bills were on a SB pace, I think the Damar Hamlin injury may unite them around a cause greater than themselves similar to Ray retiring in 2012 did for our otherwise weaker unit. I think that team effort might allow them to defeat Mahomes.

But Cincy after that SB appearance and being in a small town that adores them and not a market like Philly, NY, and Baltimore that are ravenous… has allowed their players and coaches to become and believe their own entitlement. Which will ultimately be their Achilles heal this season.

Yeah. They’ve very clearly tried to manufacture a chip on their shoulders after the coin flip thing, and when that didn’t end up happening, they pivoted to “the Ravens hit us too hard, they’re dirty, us against the world!!” last week.

You even had Jamar Chase this week in a lockeroom interview whining about not getting PI calls all season lol.

Theyre not winning anything. They blew their chance last year 

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

I hated the Steelers but there was a respect level there. We went to war with them during the Rothlisberger Flacco days. The Bengals idk I just cant. They complain talk nonsense it’s just too much. Not to sound old mind you I’m only 32 but these younger people these days it’s just too much sensitivity maybe. Do mind me just ranting here. Anyway go Ravens 

• Like 1