PLAYOFFS! Wild Card Game: Ravens @ Bengals (Greg Roman's Last Stand)

wackywabbit

I just can’t see Lamar watching that game, seeing the media crank off about Burrow for hitting wide open guys and wearing clothes, and then turning around and saying “ya I want to play in Baltimore where receiver is a cuss word”. 

We’re set up to consistently be “good” but I don’t see us ever again performing on offence in a way that will be good for Lamar’s brand lol 

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I just can’t see Lamar watching that game, seeing the media crank off about Burrow for hitting wide open guys and wearing clothes, and then turning around and saying “ya I want to play in Baltimore where receiver is a cuss word”. 

We’re set up to consistently be “good” but I don’t see us ever again performing on offence in a way that will be good for Lamar’s brand lol 

WR's on the final drive were Andy Isabella, Sammy Watkins, and James Proche.

Why would Lamar ever want to come back and play with that?

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Tyler Huntley stinks. Everybody knows that! The coaching staff knows that! How am I letting the player off the hook by saying I'd rather us give the ball to a player who doesn't stink? 

It’s a QB sneak. You don’t need a good player to run a qb sneak.

Just now, SalvadorsDeli said:

Tyler Huntley stinks. Everybody knows that! The coaching staff knows that! How am I letting the player off the hook by saying I'd rather us give the ball to a player who doesn't stink? 

Yeah I don't think a single person here is defending Huntley or saying any of the offensive skill players on the field tonight besides Andrews, Dobbins and Gus are any good. However, we can acknowledge Huntley and Co suck AND the coaching staff is stupid as hell for their play calls. The two aren't mutually exclusive. 

• Like 2

Didn't expect this much negativity here. What were you guys expecting before the game?

I literally had X on +9 in this game, because I felt like we would give a better effort than people expect despite being undermanned. We executed way better than I I thought. The difference in this game was literally how the ball bounced a couple times.

8 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Ravens fans will do anything but blame players. 

I'm good moving on with Peters. Huntley is just a backup that I'm fine keeping as the backup. We know the receivers out there today need to be replaced, though I'd bring Robinson back for a low price. Proche and the others should probably not make a roster.

What other player out there do we need to "blame"?

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Didn't expect this much negativity here. What were you guys expecting before the game?

I literally had X on +9 in this game, because I felt like we would give a better effort than people expect despite being undermanned. We executed way better than I I thought. The difference in this game was literally how the ball bounced a couple times.

I bet on the Ravens to cover the spread and they did, and that's great, but why the hell would I be happy about losing a close game as a fan. Doesn't matter if we "didn't have any business being there", looking at the bright side in losing a close playoff game is some serious loser mentality ****. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

At one point in time, this forum called me the overly optimistic one and fan. You have clearly taken that crown my friend and that's not a bad thing. With that said, its so much negativity here because this outcome should not have happened in spite of the LJ8 not playing. Greg Roman hates our running backs in the redzone and Harbaugh just sits there looking stupid when things are going wrong. The laziness of our two minute drill as if we're up by 100 points. Just so much wrong in a game where the Ravens clearly should've won it but were betrayed by our backup QB and coaching staff. (And Proche of course, lol)

With that said, I'm just glad I'll never see Roman again. And at this point, wouldn't shock me if Harbaugh followed. I'm coming close to closure expecting Lamar to be traded. Gonna be a sad off-season.

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

I bet on the Ravens to cover the spread and they did, and that's great, but why the hell would I be happy about losing a close game as a fan. Doesn't matter if we "didn't have any business being there", looking at the bright side in losing a close playoff game is some serious loser mentality ****. 

I'm not going to tell you how to feel.

But, I'm asking what changed in peoples' expectations to call for things like firing Harbaugh or wild changes in long term faith in the organization?

Fire Greg ROman? Yes... see the title of this thread. Peters had a poor effort and he doesn't have to be a priority signing. But, these are things known before the game.

• Like 1

I don’t want to fire Harbaugh. I want him to help our new rookie QB settle in the NFL for a year or two before bringing in a fiery hot shot.

right?

I weirdly have it as a forgone conclusion that Lamar is gone. He probably wants out and this is the second straight year (maybe even 3rd) where him being injuries is the difference maker for us. Biscotti has to be weighing that when he looks at his check book.

Say what you will about Flacco but he was an iron man. Lol.

I love Lamar and will still be a fan if he were to leave but man 1 there’s too much smoke for there not to be any fire 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm not going to tell you how to feel.

But, I'm asking what changed in peoples' expectations to call for things like firing Harbaugh or wild changes in long term faith in the organization?

Fire Greg ROman? Yes... see the title of this thread. Peters had a poor effort and he doesn't have to be a priority signing. But, these are things known before the game.

Got it. Yeah I'm not in that camp, personally. But yes, obvious frustration with Huntley/Roman/Proche tonight.