PLAYOFFS! Wild Card Game: Ravens @ Bengals (Greg Roman's Last Stand)

wackywabbit

2 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

At one point in time, this forum called me the overly optimistic one and fan. You have clearly taken that crown my friend and that's not a bad thing. With that said, its so much negativity here because this outcome should not have happened in spite of the LJ8 not playing. Greg Roman hates our running backs in the redzone and Harbaugh just sits there looking stupid when things are going wrong. The laziness of our two minute drill as if we're up by 100 points. Just so much wrong in a game where the Ravens clearly should've won it but were betrayed by our backup QB and coaching staff. (And Proche of course, lol)

With that said, I'm just glad I'll never see Roman again. And at this point, wouldn't shock me if Harbaugh followed. I'm coming close to closure expecting Lamar to be traded. Gonna be a sad off-season.

Is the Roman thing new information?

See the title of this thread. I was very confident before this game that Roman was going to be gone, barring some epic postseason. run. That's not NEW information that he sucks. It's obious to me that he should have handed the ball to Dobbins on the goal line, but not surprising that he didn't.

If Greg Roman isn't fired or (more likely) "mutually part ways", then I'll definitely criticize Harbs and higher ups.

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Is the Roman thing new information?

See the title of this thread. I was very confident before this game that Roman was going to be gone, barring some epic postseason. run. That's not NEW information that he sucks. It's obious to me that he should have handed the ball to Dobbins on the goal line, but not surprising that he didn't.

If Greg Roman isn't fired or (more likely) "mutually part ways", then I'll definitely criticize Harbs and higher ups.

Winning a playoff game with a backup QB against a division rival is bragging rights forever and we came up short because of self-inflicted mistakes. Idk that I fully understand how you watch/process these games but personally 'not being surprised' doesn't mean I'm not disappointed as a fan when we lose. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

3 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Winning a playoff game with a backup QB against a division rival is bragging rights forever and we came up short because of self-inflicted mistakes. Idk that I fully understand how you watch/process these games but personally 'not being surprised' doesn't mean I'm not disappointed as a fan when we lose. 

I am pissed off specifically about decisions like not giving the ball to Dobbins and putting it in Huntley's hands. Exactly what Dobbins himself called out above.

I'm just not considering the possibility that the playcaller responsible is back.

27 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Talk that **** JK. Speak your truth!!! 

Dobbins is very reminiscent of past club legends like Lewis, Reed, Suggs, etc. Championship caliber players so talented and confident they have no problems calling out systemic rot. We're just not used to seeing it from someone on offense. He's doing what a leader should do, props to him.

Edited by DreamKid
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Dobbins is very reminiscent of past club legends like Lewis, Reed, Suggs, etc. Championship calibers players so talented and confident they have no problems calling out systemic rot. We're just not used to seeing it from someone on offense. He's doing what a leader should do, props to him.

He’s the offensive centerpiece moving forward IMO.

Give that man 300+ touches next year in a new offensive system and let him eat 

• Like 2

Well our team was done in by our coward starting QB and our moron stoner backup QB. 

I didn't agree with every call by Roman but he put the team in position to win. Huntley can play well at times but just doesn't have the sustained focus and intelligence to make it in the NFL. 

Lots of question marks going into the offseason. Defense is in good shape, not sure what'll happen at QB. If Lamar refuses to play here we have to look into sacking Harbaugh because he created an environment where our franchise QB and other WRs just don't want to be here. 

I was very disappointed but perhaps it’s because, like @wackywabbitthat this was the expected result or perhaps it’s because I’m in Cancun on vacation, or perhaps it’s because losing this game ensures legitimate change from systemic rot, which I consider a win…

But I’m not overly upset. The Bengals aren’t the Steelers or Browns, had we lost to either team in this fashion I’d be tight.

I don’t like it, but ultimately this was unlikely to be our year and so if it weren’t going to be our year, I’m fine with getting a better draft pick to hopefully make next year that year.

Unlike most, I’m still confident that we get a deal done with Lamar. I’ve no reason to feel confident other than the fact that I think Lamar’s value to our squad is going to be higher than the presumable value that we’re likely to get back at this point. If it’s anything less than 3 first round picks (one being a high pick this season) and some change, then get a deal done, no excuses. If we get such an offer then trade him if they’re willing to outbid our offer.

Ultimately this game only truly is depressing if the organizational changes we make post firing Roman are pathetic, which if we retain Harbaugh just might be. But I’ll hope for the best on that front.

If we do trade Lamar, we need to fire Harbaugh. I refuse to allow him to prevent another QB from reaching their potential. Flacco never truly developed past what he was as a rookie outside of a few inconsistent explosive efforts. Lamar typically developed in the off-season when being drilled by QB gurus and then regressed in season.

I’m sorry but give another coach a chance with a new franchise QB if it comes down to it.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1