Wild Card Weekend

Iron_man

HOLY CRAP I fell a sleep. The Jag frigging won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU FRIGGING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get the heck out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just woke I hope I'm reading it right!!!!

Holy crap. 

Know what I love, it puts/gives huge kick in the nuts to Madden Stats boy coaches in the NFL. They were starting to ruin the game . 4th down  and the percentage say to go for it on your own 20 YD line...... MY BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even knowing who the next coach of the Chargers will be.. I'm immediately more scared of that team. The Patriots historically dominate them, but assuming they even get an average coach over there.. that's a Super Bowl team. I'd go all in on that offense tbo, they have great WR's but were decimated by injuries this year.. draft JSN and nobody is going to be able to stop that offense. Some more OL depth wouldn't be a bad idea either. 

Sean Payton wins it with them next year..especially if they don't have to trade an insane haul for him. 

Another side note: Does anyone feel Mac could have made that comeback? He's never won a game where the opponent scores over 24 and I think something along the lines of never winning when being down double digits. That was an exciting second half, wish I was more confident Mac could have done that too

Edited by Crimmage

31 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Does anyone feel Mac could have made that comeback?

Impossible to answer.

I can't judge him until BB gets NO say on the offense. MOF  Mac has no chance with BB. BB completely screwed up from the start of the season it all on BB. He has also destroyed any trust with his YOUNG QB.

Just look at your comment. You are basically making your decision (maybe I'm reading it wrong) with Mac under BB guidance and Fat Matt (OC) direction.  I'm not 100% on Mac but IMO he would be much better without BB. BB knows one thing about offense.  GIVE THE BALL TO TB and get the hell out of the way!!!!!! Reason not 100% was his arm strength improvement.  I really think Mac injury, he wasn't 100%.  That might be the reason for the lack of strength and accuracy. Mac has never had a problem with accuracy before.    

Here is a comment that I relate to Mac that I heard from Woody.  This is what any young QB needs  Starts at the 10.30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVGNnNaQfc

Remember this was a PLAYOFF GAME for Lawrence and his coach stuck with him. . BB put Zappy in when his young QB just back from injury, pulls him what 2 series in!!! Idiot, how to destroy a young QB.  I love the comment (start QB) at the end of the season.  BB answer was asinine.  THE ANSWER WAS YES. I don't care if he was going in another direction but no BB his ego blinds him. I show you who's boss crap!!!

Note  the Jags 1st pick should be Jalan Hyatt , with Lawrence arm and his weapons he would be a perfect complement to there short passing game. He wouldn't have to catch one ball to open up the field underneath. Jalen Hyatt you have to have someone over the top or he will kill you.

I said it before but the AFC West during the Patrick Mahomes era(2018-present) has been just a flashier version of the AFC East during the Brady era(2001-2019) lol

the Mahomes/chiefs fans pre season were saying nonsense  like “oh Brady never had to compete in a division this tough”

Edited by CP3MVP

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Just look at your comment. You are basically making your decision (maybe I'm reading it wrong) with Mac under BB guidance and Fat Matt (OC) direction. 

It's going to be huge to see who the OC is and what kind of power they have. The smartest thing he could do is hire an OC and give them as much power as McDaniels seemed to have. BB of course oversees everything and is responsible for everything.. but the OC needs enough power to do things his way. My feelings on Mac are all over the place tbo.. at the end of his rookie year I felt like he had enough to build on to be a top 15 QB in the league.. but we have seen QB's ruined for less than seasons like this year. He took major steps back and showed his limitations. 

I'm 100% confident he can be "fixed" to the point of being a playoff team.. but can he be good enough to bring you to the Super Bowl? That's a difficult question. Let's say Mac is your QB for the next 10 years... will he ever be favored in a playoff game against one of the following QBs: 

• Patrick Mahomes
  • Josh Allen
  • Justin Herbert
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Joe Burrow
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Trevor Lawrence

This also isn't taking into account the following teams drafting a QB early over the next couple years: Colts / Jets / Raiders / Dolphins. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but it feels like the Patriots will be battling for the 7th seed every year Mac is the QB unless they get a truly elite defense / OC / Receivers. 

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Remember this was a PLAYOFF GAME for Lawrence and his coach stuck with him. . BB put Zappy in when his young QB just back from injury, pulls him what 2 series in!!! Idiot, how to destroy a young QB.  I love the comment (start QB) at the end of the season.  BB answer was asinine.  THE ANSWER WAS YES. I don't care if he was going in another direction but no BB his ego blinds him. I show you who's boss crap!!!

Note  the Jags 1st pick should be Jalan Hyatt , with Lawrence arm and his weapons he would be a perfect complement to there short passing game. He wouldn't have to catch one ball to open up the field underneath. Jalen Hyatt you have to have someone over the top or he will kill you.

The Jags also have Calvin Ridley coming back next season. If they had RIdley / Kirk / Hyatt .. as much as I'm meh on Hyatt that's pretty darn dangerous. 

Massive turn of events.. Shakir drops a 50 yard catch which turns into a 50 yard return... I still think the Dolphins probably need at least 2 more turn overs to have a chance of winning this game though. 

Dolphins receivers (mainly Waddle) certainly haven't helped today, this should be a much closer game. They need to figure out how to get Hill in space so he can take over this game. 

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

major steps back

I would say held back.

Side note Tony Romo  stinks.  He calling the game with his Buff. Bills knee pads on!!!!!  Hey Tony wake up the Bills are tied against a team without a QB!!

Edited by m haynes