2023: Talent Acquisition and Separation.

onejayhawk

The other thread is well over 1000 posts. While we can still use it for playoff roster adjustments, this thread is for the offseason and during the 2023 season.

Aside from the possibility of two picks if and when Eric Bieniemy is hired away and the one was traded to the Giants in the Kadarius Toney deal, we are already looking at three compensatory picks. They are 6th round picks for Byron Pringle and Jarren Reed and a 7th round pick for Mike Hughes. Kudos to those three for having solid years with their new teams.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/14/kansas-city-chiefs-latest-2023-compensatory-draft-pick-projections/

Edited by onejayhawk

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, RedGold said:

The 13 Mil is counting the new 2024 cap number.   I’m sure it’s not exactly right, but the line about having 30 Mil is not right me thinks. 

The 2023 cap is set at $224.8mil.

Per Spotrac, the Chiefs are currently at $212mil with 36 players under contract.

Per OTC, the Chiefs are currently at $209.6mil with 35 players under contract.

OTC is missing DT Daniel Wise. His cap hit is $940k, leaving a $1.5mil discrepancy. That discrepancy appears to be Frank Clark. Spotrac shows $30.1mil cap hit while OTC shows $28.6mil.

The Chiefs have rolled over $2.8mil from the previous year. As of right now, the top 51 is $212mil (Spotrac). I don't see any way that we currently have $30mil in cap space since we have not made any moves.

Edit: I think the author got confused and just added 16mil to the OTC number despite OTC already accounting for it.

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 12:15 AM, onejayhawk said:

If you want a little discussion on the major moves coming, this article is a primer. It covers the JuJu Smith-Schuster and Orlando Brown conract situations.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_have_some_big_moves_to_make_in_the_offseason/s1_17153_38430785

This, both linguistically and content wise, is one of the worst articles I ever read covering the Chiefs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...