Who to root for on wildcard weekend

diamondbull424

I didn’t really want to pollute the game day thread with this “perspective”, thus this thread.

What’s more, while I hope our running game and defense just devours the Bengals and that gets us the win and we ride that to the SB…

In the event that we lose this football game, I wanted to make this post about which teams we should be rooting for during Wildcard weekend from the perspective of getting the best draft pick (this might also provide some extra enthusiasm around watching some of the other games, if any is needed.)

Jaguars vs Chargers.
- If we both lose, the Chargers have the conference advantage and would finish behind us in the draft order. Whereas the Jags have the worst record. Thus the Jags advancing one round in a winnable game would be the ideal series of events.

Vikings vs Giants
- Also a very winnable game for the Giants who nearly won the regular season bout. This game could easily go either way and should be quite the good game, but obviously we have the better record than the Giants, so might as well root for the underdog amirite?!

49ers vs Seahawks
- Seems less winnable with the 9ers winning both regular season matchups this season, both in (didn’t watch the games) scoreboard blowouts. They are divisional opponents however so anything is possible. This is another underdog to roof for so this one is sort of an easy one.

Bucs vs Cowboys
- It all comes down to Brady. The Bucs haven’t been world beaters this season and the Cowboys seem to have their best team in years. It’s hard for me to see the Bucs winning, but if anyone is going to pull off the upset, it’s Tom Brady. He does have a cast of good enough weapons, so it’s not exactly an improbable chance. They just need to play up to their caliber.

Now if only this draft had a WR worthy of getting our hopes up for. This is the 2019 WR class all over again, where there’s going to be some really good WRs that come out of this class IMO, guys that will be better as pros than as collegiate athletes, but there are no clear stars that shine bright and standout from the pack. Good luck with the Ravens hitting a double let alone getting a home run considering our history. Might be better to just draft an elite CB prospect and throw darts later in the draft.

• Like 4

My dream offseason is CB first round and trading for Hopkins 

I just don’t know what you can trade for him considering we already footed our 2nd for Roquan

Early on it looks to be a comparatively decent CB class, which is good news for one being worth taking at our spot lasting until then

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I just don’t know what you can trade for him considering we already footed our 2nd for Roquan

Early on it looks to be a comparatively decent CB class, which is good news for one being worth taking at our spot lasting until then

There only way we don't trade back out of the first to recoup picks for that 2nd we lost, is if a certain someone was traded.

5 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I think two 3rds would get it done for Hopkins, considering his contract size. He could even be had for less, it's tough to say.

As far as a first round CB. I'm all in on Joey Porter Jr. That kid is every bit of what a Raven is suppose to be. 6'2 200lbs and plays with swagger. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just woke up from a nap and told my brother "If Skylar Thompson can lose by 3 to the Bills, we should be able to at least lose by 3 to the Bengals!"

We will win by 1 point because reasons!

Or lose by 2 TDs because for whatever reason they decide to trout out Snoop with the noodle arm and with tendinitis.

We're still picking lower than the Chargers because our SOS was a lot higher. They really need to change the rules so higher seeding=lower pick. 

But, so far better outcomes for our draft pick than expected. With Miami losing their pick, we are 22nd and would move up to 21 if the Bucs beat the Cowboys.

• Like 1