Fixing the D in 2023 - an Ode to Purplexing.

wcblack34

8 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Not in a 3-4. He was legitimately very good this year in rotation. Much more comfortable standing up.

Gotcha. Yeah, I agree with this; that he was better last year. But I am not sure if that was because

1. he was in a stand up role

2. he was in a rotation and didn't have to play a full load of starters snaps

3. just maturing in year 3

11 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Gotcha. Yeah, I agree with this; that he was better last year. But I am not sure if that was because

1. he was in a stand up role

2. he was in a rotation and didn't have to play a full load of starters snaps

3. just maturing in year 3

Probably a combination of the 3, with a heavy emphasis on 1 and 3?

If the Vikings get evero as their dc, I imagine they will pursue broncos DL free agent, Dre’Mont Jones. 

hes 26, coming off his first contract and plays base end I think. He brings the heat on the qb. I imagine they like Tomlinson and want him back, but also want more juice at rushing the passer. 

• Like 2

I liked Women, Jones, Hunter and Smith as a pass rushing end crew . . . Really thought they'd rack up 35+ sacks among the 4, but when you're dropping back in coverage, sacks don't happen.  True, these guys should seem more suited toward 4-3, but they have the physical skills to be outside in 3-4.   

KOC probably knows what a great 3-4 looks like facing Bill B's in practice everyday as a rookie.  Did the Rams run a 4-3 last year?  If so, he's seen both styles win, right?  

The team can't flip-flop schemes and develop so whatever he sticks with, put the players in position to succeed.   Anymore of Danielle covering #2 WRs and KOC needs to be taken out back for a conversation while his DC gets the switch.

3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

If the Vikings get evero as their dc, I imagine they will pursue broncos DL free agent, Dre’Mont Jones. 

hes 26, coming off his first contract and plays base end I think. He brings the heat on the qb. I imagine they like Tomlinson and want him back, but also want more juice at rushing the passer. 

Give me the younger guy with higher upside. Jones, Phillips, Tonga and Otomewo is a very solid group!

• Like 1