Around the NFL - !!PLAYOFFS!!

DaBoys

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

IMO, you can’t change the way you call the game in a huge moment like that. They hadn’t called defensive holding once all game, even though that type of grabbing happened throughout all 4 quarters. Then, at the biggest moment, you call it. To do it in that moment, given the rest of the game, is pretty insane.

Well, it was against the Eagles though. 🤣

15 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

IDK… by rule, it’s a penalty and I don’t think anybody really disputes that including Bradberry.  In context, I think I know exactly what happened.  Philly had just given up 2 EASY TDs to uncovered receivers to Moore and Toney.  Juju had been burning philly the entire second half.  Bradberry had no help on juju and he tugged on the jersey to prevent separation.  And, it just happened to be Mahomes primary read where he was going with the ball.

So, the real question is if the tug wasn’t necessarily then why did Bradberry do it?  Trust me, I get blaming refs for making close calls.  We’ve seen it go the other way as well when there was nearly a congressional investigation into a non call against the saints.  If the refs judgment was that the tug limited the receivers ability to separate, he’s gotta make that call regardless of what point in the game it occurs.

I agree with this, actually. But I think the ref wouldn’t have, and didn’t, make this call earlier in the game. That’s the frustration I’d have with it if I were an Eagles fan.