Around the NFL - !!PLAYOFFS!!

DaBoys

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

What do you think? I don’t understand why they weren’t running more. Up 27-0 and Austin Ekler finished the game with 13 carries while Herbert attempts 43 passes.

Chargers Defense laid an egg, and the refs were horrible against Bosa imo. No holding call, no false start call, and then flagged him for getting upset 

Boss was getting mugged on every play, just like Parsons, and no calls.

Funny thing about penalties, it's not how many for how many yards, it's WHEN they happen, at what critical point.

IE: that sack in the early 3rd quarter would have set Jax back out of FG range thus eliminating any chance at points except fir a miracle 4th and 26.

If Boss lined up in the neutral zone, why didn't they throw the flag when the ball was snapped? Why run the play and risk injury to any player?

Seems to me Jax needed help on that drive and they got it.

I know they went to great lengths (SNF) to show you over and over from every angle that Bosa's helmet was in the NZ. And that drives home the point that even they realized this call just saved Jax arses. 

Truth is, that happens on almost every play. Pay close attention today. Just like the RT getting that back leg kick early start. Lane Johnson is notorious for this but somehow never gets called.

8 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Boss was getting mugged on every play, just like Parsons, and no calls.

Funny thing about penalties, it's not how many for how many yards, it's WHEN they happen, at what critical point.

IE: that sack in the early 3rd quarter would have set Jax back out of FG range thus eliminating any chance at points except fir a miracle 4th and 26.

If Boss lined up in the neutral zone, why didn't they throw the flag when the ball was snapped? Why run the play and risk injury to any player?

Seems to me Jax needed help on that drive and they got it.

I know they went to great lengths (SNF) to show you over and over from every angle that Bosa's helmet was in the NZ. And that drives home the point that even they realized this call just saved Jax arses. 

Truth is, that happens on almost every play. Pay close attention today. Just like the RT getting that back leg kick early start. Lane Johnson is notorious for this but somehow never gets called.

And I know it's Bosa, damn spell check!

Look, I have no love loss for either other teams. I just want to see football played without influence from gambling, marketing, officiating, etc.

Football use to be like everything else, 99.9% of the time if you:

1. Win the T.O. battle, you win the game.

2. You control the T.O.P. and you win the game.

3. The with the least amount of penalties, wins the game.

Now, it's almost as if the teams that do all of these things, more and more, find ways to lose games.

It's always some "miracle" outcome and, more often than not, its when there is only 1 game being played like TNF, SNF or MNF.

Because they know it's the only show in town, so everyone is watching.

I've been watching this for too long now. I even posted way before the end of that game, "5 will at you 10 the Charges Choke."

I just this script too many times. And if I can recognize it as it is happening, how can HCs not and do something about it as it is happening?

Edited by Rtnldave

52 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Nope. TL is 1st overall. Need to sell that guy.

Was there ever a QB that throws 4 INTs in a playoff game and wins???

Roethlisberger did it in 2020 against the Browns if I'm not mistaken. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Roethlisberger did it in 2020 against the Browns if I'm not mistaken. 

So Ben did do it against Cleveland...

But they lost. 

I saw the stat posted last night during the game and I guess I misheard what they were talking about. 

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

What do you think? I don’t understand why they weren’t running more. Up 27-0 and Austin Ekler finished the game with 13 carries while Herbert attempts 43 passes.

Chargers Defense laid an egg, and the refs were horrible against Bosa imo. No holding call, no false start call, and then flagged him for getting upset 

Mmmm...well, I don't understand why they didn't run more either. Herbert I'm sure, has the green light to change the play at the LOS, but he doesn't call the plays. Just like our game our D laid an egg as well giving up 21 straight points. Herbert did not lose them the game. He had no turnovers. His biggest problem are the low throws at the LOS and being batted down or hitting helmets 🙄.

I get what you're saying about the Bosa stuff, but regardless, he did have two unsportsman penalties. Albeit one didn't hurt them. The second one certainly did. The officiating was bad. But the Chargers got away with what I thought were several DOI's that weren't called.

Herbert may not have "won the game" for his team, but he certainly didn't lose it for them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

That's it, kick him while he's down. 😆

Were you around for the Bobby Lane? 🤪

I know I'm old, but DAMN!!! Bobby Lane???

Btw, how bout that No call on the defenseless Miami Wr???

I will be "that guy" and ask what many are thinking.

Are the officials going to influence the outcome of this game because of what happened to Hamlin?

Because that was the textbook definition of hitting a defenseless receiver. 

And that was a Bull**** non call.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I know I'm old, but DAMN!!! Bobby Lane???

Btw, how bout that No call on the defenseless Miami Wr???

I will be "that guy" and ask what many are thinking.

Are the officials going to influence the outcome of this game because of what happened to Hamlin?

Because that was the textbook definition of hitting a defenseless receiver. 

And that was a Bull**** non call.

The officials are awful.