Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

22 hours ago, ny92mike said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s1f-c76TKmj5P6ISlZB-jGZ4LRZeQL6XG7HkiF8nZaQ/edit?usp=sharing

check out sheet 2 you can edit the orange cells that will adjust the apy values.  You can then compare it to the previous values in sheet 1.

Let me know if you find a value that works.

Thanks.

Looks much better. Since players don't drop their ask for extension purposes, I can now consider extending Higgins or Wilson. Previously it would have been Burrow only. 

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'm in favor of notifying bidders if their target has a reserve bid. IRL, the agent would be telling a team his player has an offer from their current team and is looking for something better. 

True, but how many times does a team not reveal their offer until a player has left?  Only the agent (Mike) knows this.

I could see it both ways.

I think IRL team's have a set amount that they tell the player that most people are not aware of.  The player then decides based on familiarity, family, loyalty, etc.  Those are not the thing here.  Here it is about the $$$.  So the home team just needs to know if somebody else has bid on their player if they want to up their bid to keep them.

Plus how many teams will place reserve bids on their players?  Almost all IMHO - so the info will just convolute things.

Like I said, I see it both ways. So I am okay with either.

45 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

True, but how many times does a team not reveal their offer until a player has left?  Only the agent (Mike) knows this.

I think IRL team's have a set amount that they tell the player that most people are not aware of.  The player then decides based on familiarity, family, loyalty, etc.  Those are not the thing here.  Here it is about the $$$.  So the home team just needs to know if somebody else has bid on their player if they want to up their bid to keep them.

Plus how many teams will place reserve bids on their players?  Almost all IMHO - so the info will just convolute things.

See it both ways as well.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

@ny92mike all of my workbooks say they are locked and won't let me edit. 

So I looked and you should be able to edit most of the sheets in the team workbook.  The only sheets that you can't edit is the numbered roster sheets.

You said workbooks, so just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing here because there is only one team workbook this year.

58 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I am not bothered either way. Whatever is less work imo.

• Like 1

Hey guys while I enjoy seeing a full inbox, most of you guys are asking me the same questions.  Could you please post those questions here in the forum.  Doing so, I promise it will get answered much faster by one of the veteran members of tcmd than I would be able to do.  Besides I'm terrible at explaining things, I can build it but I couldn't tell you how...haha.

Thanks

Mike

Team Team Abbr. General Manager Hyperlinks Asst. GM
Arizona Cardinals ARI @LuckyNumber11 @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons ATL @ovfd55 @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens BAL @Justone2 @Justone2
Buffalo Bills BUF @Trentwannabe @Trentwannabe
Carolina Panthers CAR @MikeT14 @MikeT14
Chicago Bears CHI @squire12 @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals CIN @sparky151 @sparky151
Cleveland Browns CLE @cortes02 @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys DAL @JetsandI @JetsandI
Denver Broncos DEN @Scoundrel @Scoundrel
Detroit Lions DET @winitall @winitall
Green Bay Packers GB @MaximusGluteus @MaximusGluteus
Houston Texans HOU @jch1911 @jch1911
Indianapolis Colts IND @RTTRUTH @RTTRUTH
Jacksonville Jaguars JAC @Trojan @Trojan
Kansas City Chiefs KC @RedGold @RedGold
Las Vegas Raiders LVR @NYRaider @NYRaider
Los Angeles Chargers LAC @whodatOL @whodatOL
Los Angeles Rams LAR @Freebirdsrams @Freebirdsrams
Miami Dolphins MIA @mountainpd @mountainpd
Minnesota Vikings MIN @KingOfNewYork @KingOfNewYork
New England Patriots NE @Deadpulse @Deadpulse
New Orleans Saints NO @whodatOL @whodatOL
New York Giants NYG @ny92mike @ny92mike
New York Jets NYJ @bcb1213 @bcb1213
Philadelphia Eagles PHI @EaglesPeteC @EaglesPeteC
Pittsburgh Steelers PIT @Cbrunn @Cbrunn
San Francisco 49ers SF @Forge @Forge
Seattle Seahawks SEA @DTMW78 @DTMW78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers TB @BucsDraftGeek47 @BucsDraftGeek47
Tennessee Titans TEN @Daniel @Daniel
Washington Commanders WAS @MKnight82 @MKnight82
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

My players and contract extensions are really high . Examples below.

Wilkins wants 23mil per year

Smythe wants 14mil per year

Eicenburg wants 20 mil per year

Yes, extensions are high.  Typically the players that get extended especially long term are the upper tier in talent and should get big money.  Extensions are based on tag values, which is why they are so high.