Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

5 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I'm just making sure but we currently do not have the access to view what releasing/June 1sting players would do to our cap correct? And I'm just checking, don't feel like I'm rushing you at all Mike. 

On page ONE (that's it's name) of your workbook, if you scroll to your right... I think Mike has a tab showing what releasing a player would do for your cap. It is the red tab IIRC.

16 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I'm just making sure but we currently do not have the access to view what releasing/June 1sting players would do to our cap correct? And I'm just checking, don't feel like I'm rushing you at all Mike. 

At this time correct.  I'm trying to figure the best way to do this.  

In the past we just used two workbooks to manage this, the official and unofficial.  However, using the two workbooks created a nightmare on my end and a lot of people struggled with adding players to their roster sheets.

If I give you guys access to edit the status, it could mess me up when updating.  I'll figure something out before too long.

• Like 1

is someone available right now to create a bid in the UFA sheet, that has cap space to make it a valid contract?

I need you to bid on one of the Giants free agents, lets go with  Nick Gates, C.

1965 - Nick Gates - C | GRD:31.2% - APY: $1,080,000 / CL:3    

I want to test something to make sure I have the system set up correctly to show if another team is bidding on him.

Let me know which team does this so that I can update their workbook formula to make this work.

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

is someone available right now to create a bid in the UFA sheet, that has cap space to make it a valid contract?

I need you to bid on one of the Giants free agents, lets go with  Nick Gates, C.

I want to test something to make sure I have the system set up correctly to show if another team is bidding on him.

Let me know which team does this so that I can update their workbook formula to make this work.

Thanks 

I made a bid

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Thanks 

I tried but the only 2  things I can figure out how to change is Years and Signing Bonus so I cant get the APY up so I keep failing the vet min for validation but it does show another team bidding on him

1 hour ago, mountainpd said:

I get it for my top rated players , ie Wilkins but Eichenburg and Smythe were examples of those which I didn’t expect to be so high. Half my team are rated in the 90’s so no chance on them.

going to be harder to get under the cap than expected. Hill, Chubb and Armstead contracts ain’t small.

Without bleating on too much. I cannot extend any single player on my roster without a negative cap impact for on 2023.

may have to adjust for Bucs and saints

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

I made a bid

Okay...finally done with this for your team.  Still need to update the other teams.

But it appears to be working like I want.

How it's working is if it's a reserve bid, the team with the reserve will be the only team to see if another team is making a bid on the reserve player.

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

I tried but the only 2  things I can figure out how to change is Years and Signing Bonus so I cant get the APY up so I keep failing the vet min for validation but it does show another team bidding on him

Are you working in the UFA/Resign sheet?

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

Just realized you're working in the UFA/Resign sheet after realizing what you replied to...my bad.

Try giving this video a look.  This helps most but if you are still having issues please let me know and I'll be happy to set up a walk through to show you exactly how this works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i-PL1D4WD0rARbLDOYBcvuOCsje122yA/view?usp=sharing

3:53 is where the FA bidding sheet starts.

The workbook in the video isn't the exact same one we are using here but it's close enough to direct you.

Again if you have additional questions let me know.  Happy to help.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@ny92mike the Eagles book is an adventure. Howie is a madman when he makes contracts so half the team has void years so there are a bunch of players on my roster that are actually free agents and then I don’t know if those players are off the roster what void years accelerate forward.

Damn you Howie 

yeah, I'm trying to figure that out.  I'd think that what SB assigned to the player would accelerate just like a normal release but when using OTC to simulate the release it's showing the dead money but it isn't calculating it.  So really not sure how to handle this.  

One option would be to apply the accumulated dead money for these voided contracts would be to apply it to the 2024 season, providing it isn't a major issue to set up with the formulas.

Just now, ny92mike said:

yeah, I'm trying to figure that out.  I'd think that what SB assigned to the player would accelerate just like a normal release but when using OTC to simulate the release it's showing the dead money but it isn't calculating it.  So really not sure how to handle this.  

One option would be to apply the accumulated dead money for these voided contracts would be to apply it to the 2024 season, providing it isn't a major issue to set up with the formulas.

I've got one, sterling shepard whom I don't plan on keeping, so it really doesn't effect my team either way, so I'm open to opinion on this.  Obviously, it would be better for anyone with voided contracts to push the dead money to the following year.  Or just remove any hit that it puts on this year, would be best for me.  That way I can just delete the player from the roster.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

My understanding on void years is that they are used to spread a signing bonus out over more years, but the money in those void years to not accelerate to 1 year, but remain in the specific years that those void years cover.  

Seattle Chris Carson is an example.  

Signed a contract with Seattle in 2021 (for the 2021, 2022 and 2023 seasons, with 2023 being a void year)

Contract was $4.5M signing bonus.  Carson played 2021 and was injured a good amount of the season.  He ended up being released in July 2022 and Seattle had a dead cap for

• 2022 = $2.7M ($1.5M from signing bonus and $1.2M from other guarantees
  • 2023 = $1.5M (signing bonus from the void year)
  • Like 1