Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I sent the workbook to you again.

I think the confusing might be that the name of the workbook is labeled official.

I see the link now.  It was confusing before because of all the links at the bottom and the official one was kind of hidden at the top.  I would do something to make the official one stand out a lot more like make the font much bigger or something.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The only thing that was unlocked on the workbook I received was a list of the players on each team.

Are you ******* with me?...haha.

You were in the workbook just now.  Sheet ONE is the 2023 roster.  

I know the ONE, TWO, THREE is confusing.  I just got tired of having to rename the sheet after each year.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I see the link now.  It was confusing before because of all the links at the bottom and the official one was kind of hidden at the top.  I would do something to make the official one stand out a lot more like make the font much bigger or something.

Gotcha.  I can do that.

Are you ******* with me?...haha.

You were in the workbook just now.  Sheet ONE is the 2023 roster.  

I know the ONE, TWO, THREE is confusing.  I just got tired of having to rename the sheet after each year.

I was clicking the links at the bottom of the PM you sent me which is not the official link.  Honestly I don’t know why the other links are even there it makes it super confusing.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I was clicking the links at the bottom of the PM you sent me which is not the official link.  Honestly I don’t know why the other links are even there it makes it super confusing.

Killed it with putting too much info?  My bad.  

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok back to my original question, which tab do we use to cut players?

If you get a minute double check my calculations for releasing players under both the CUT and J1.  Something doesn't seem right to me but honestly I've been looking at this stuff for so long its all a blur.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

If you get a minute double check my calculations for releasing players under both the CUT and J1.  Something doesn't seem right to me but honestly I've been looking at this stuff for so long its all a blur.

Thanks

There are multiple issues. So I'm working on Washington's workbook.  I copied your cap numbers (column W) into excel, autofiltered them descending order then got rid of anything below top 51 contracts. That adds up to $209,935,293.  Your workbook shows the top 51 as being $217,338,598. The difference is $7,403,305.  I noticed that in the formula you add U8 + V8 to this calculation which I think is incorrect, because those numbers include every player on the roster and not just the Top 51. That's my best guess as to why this is incorrect.  Fiddle with that and then I can recheck your math. 

The second issue is that my calculation of $209,935,293 is different than overthecap's $208,451,469 for Washington.  The only thing I can figure here is that either something has changed contract wise since you imported this data or one of the contracts is just simply entered incorrectly.  

Third issue.  I cut Carson Wentz and it calculated correctly adding $26,176,471 back in cap space.  Wentz's contract is has no guaranteed money though so that is a simple cut.  When I cut Logan Thomas, according to overthecap it should add $5,175,000 in cap space and $3,500,000 in dead cap.  When I cut LT on yours it adds $8,750,000 in cap space back to the team and the dead cap space doesn't change at all. Your formula isn't accounting for the dead cap space correctly. 

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

There are multiple issues. So I'm working on Washington's workbook.  I copied your cap numbers (column W) into excel, autofiltered them descending order then got rid of anything below top 51 contracts. That adds up to $209,935,293.  Your workbook shows the top 51 as being $217,338,598. The difference is $7,403,305.  I noticed that in the formula you add U8 + V8 to this calculation which I think is incorrect, because those numbers include every player on the roster and not just the Top 51. That's my best guess as to why this is incorrect.  Fiddle with that and then I can recheck your math. 

The second issue is that my calculation of $209,935,293 is different than overthecap's $208,451,469 for Washington.  The only thing I can figure here is that either something has changed contract wise since you imported this data or one of the contracts is just simply entered incorrectly.  

Third issue.  I cut Carson Wentz and it calculated correctly adding $26,176,471 back in cap space.  Wentz's contract is has no guaranteed money though so that is a simple cut.  When I cut Logan Thomas, according to overthecap it should add $5,175,000 in cap space and $3,500,000 in dead cap.  When I cut LT on yours it adds $8,750,000 in cap space back to the team and the dead cap space doesn't change at all. Your formula isn't accounting for the dead cap space correctly. 

Yeah I thought something was off and it's the one thing none of us tested earlier.  Not a big deal in terms of getting it fixed, but a huge deal in terms of it not being right.

I used a different formula this year than in years past so I may just need to revert back to the old formula.

Check out the J1 cuts too.  It seems off when I applied it to a few of my players.  Seemed to be more expensive to June 1st than regular cut.

Anyway, I'll mess with this tonight if I'm up to it, if not I'll do it first thing tomorrow.

Appreciate you looking into it.

Yeah I thought something was off and it's the one thing none of us tested earlier.  Not a big deal in terms of getting it fixed, but a huge deal in terms of it not being right.

I used a different formula this year than in years past so I may just need to revert back to the old formula.

Check out the J1 cuts too.  It seems off when I applied it to a few of my players.  Seemed to be more expensive to June 1st than regular cut.

Anyway, I'll mess with this tonight if I'm up to it, if not I'll do it first thing tomorrow.

Appreciate you looking into it.

@MKnight82  When I work on this, I'll work within the WAS workbook so that you can see the changes.

I'll let you know what I do after I finish.

Thanks again.

• Like 1