Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

@ny92mike

Using Washington's workbook, I checked the Base Salary, B-GTD, Signing Bonus, Non-prorated and Cap Number columns. The columns labeled B-GTD, Signing Bonus, Non-prorated and Cap Number do not differ between the sum of the top 51 and the entire roster.  However, the sum of the Base Salary column differs by $6,088,100, which by my calculation is how much the cap is wrong. So your formula is deducting Base Salary from every player on the roster instead of just the top 51 cap number players. 

I will note that Washington's roster doesn't differ in those other columns, but if other teams have bonuses or other quirks in players below the top 51 line that may not be calculating correctly either.  Impossible for me to check without being able to manipulate the google doc myself (it says the fields are locked). 

bump.  Don't want this to get overlooked. 

@ny92mike

The math on cutting players also still isn't working correctly.  When I cut Logan Thomas from the roster, it should add the number in cell X20 ($5,250,000) back to my cap space while adding the difference from his current cap number in cell W20 ($8,750,000) from cell X20 ($5,250,000), for a difference of $3,500,000 which should be adding to the dead cap space in cell U4. 

The way it currently is calculating it is giving his entire cap hit of $8,750,000 back as cap space without considering the dead cap. 

Maybe this is team specific, but what about retired players? Aka Brady, is there a way for me to make him a post June 1 retiree so that it saves me the money in this years Cap? I didnt see a section for post june 1 retirements in the WB only the contract restructure/extensions.

could be the same issue for trades as far as post june 1 designations

again still new to this so bare with me lol

9 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Maybe this is team specific, but what about retired players? Aka Brady, is there a way for me to make him a post June 1 retiree so that it saves me the money in this years Cap? I didnt see a section for post june 1 retirements in the WB only the contract restructure/extensions.

could be the same issue for trades as far as post june 1 designations

again still new to this so bare with me lol

on the original team one tab, you look under Stat on Column H.  You pick a player and then pull down and click on J1.   Look at N-7 for adjusted cap space.

Tom Brady is on voided contract so it will be required some work done by Mike to meet the criteria.

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@ny92mike

The math on cutting players also still isn't working correctly.  When I cut Logan Thomas from the roster, it should add the number in cell X20 ($5,250,000) back to my cap space while adding the difference from his current cap number in cell W20 ($8,750,000) from cell X20 ($5,250,000), for a difference of $3,500,000 which should be adding to the dead cap space in cell U4. 

The way it currently is calculating it is giving his entire cap hit of $8,750,000 back as cap space without considering the dead cap. 

no not on Column X.   Check out on N-7.   Do cut, and then do J1 to see if math is correct.

• Like 1

@MKnight82

Some $$ don't match OTC so try not to get concerned about exact number.

As for Top 51 adjustment, it doesn't simply cut and add.   Maybe it is good idea to check out Total Cap Hit (U-2) to get accurate number (add or subtraction)    

In my case, it doesn't compute correctly.  

Edited by JetsandI

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

no not on Column X.   Check out on N-7.   Do cut, and then do J1 to see if math is correct.

appreciate it

I'm not sure if it comes out correct though

his cap hit looks to be right but the it ends up adding money to my cap

I go from -13M to -24M

I thought it was supposed to save me money 😅

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

appreciate it

I'm not sure if it comes out correct though

his cap hit looks to be right but the it ends up adding money to my cap

I go from -13M to -24M

I thought it was supposed to save me money 😅

I have problem too.

For fun, I cut Dak which could put me deeper in debt, but I get cap relief. lol.

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

@MKnight82

Some $$ don't match OTC so try not to get concerned about exact number.

As for Top 51 adjustment, it doesn't simply cut and add.   Maybe it is good idea to check out Total Cap Hit (U-2) to get accurate number (add or subtraction)    

In my case, it doesn't compute correctly.  

I already explained how it should work with my Logan Thomas example.