Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

On H-11 and down, you pick a player and then click on "ACT" to pull down to pick "ACT", "CUT" or "J1".

Then check out N-7 or U-2-4 for math work.

I know that.  When you cut a player the math is wrong though.  That was the whole point of my post. 

Edited by MKnight82

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

@MKnight82

I was kind of lost in many shifts on my computer.   I believed I quoted yours and answered it before I checked out my roster for cut function.  I have the same problem or similar on Cowboys.

Sorry for extra confusion.

The problem in the spreadsheet is that doesn't account for dead cap space.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

@ny92mike

Using Washington's workbook, I checked the Base Salary, B-GTD, Signing Bonus, Non-prorated and Cap Number columns. The columns labeled B-GTD, Signing Bonus, Non-prorated and Cap Number do not differ between the sum of the top 51 and the entire roster.  However, the sum of the Base Salary column differs by $6,088,100, which by my calculation is how much the cap is wrong. So your formula is deducting Base Salary from every player on the roster instead of just the top 51 cap number players. 

I will note that Washington's roster doesn't differ in those other columns, but if other teams have bonuses or other quirks in players below the top 51 line that may not be calculating correctly either.  Impossible for me to check without being able to manipulate the google doc myself (it says the fields are locked). 

@ny92mike this should be first on your agenda.