Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

Ok so I found an issue with the restructure base guarantee formula.

@RedGold @JetsandI

redgold you have a restructure created that the player has base guarantees assigned to the players current contract, but the new restructured contract doesn't account for it.  It shows it but because the cap hit is only adding the base salary + prorated + non prorated.  

I think we would be good if we just removed the base guarantee from the first year of the new contract.  The formula is converting base salary into SB and if we just converted the non prorated money into SB as well that it would catch the base guarantee amount in those two values.  

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Ok so I found an issue with the restructure base guarantee formula.

@RedGold @JetsandI

redgold you have a restructure created that the player has base guarantees assigned to the players current contract, but the new restructured contract doesn't account for it.  It shows it but because the cap hit is only adding the base salary + prorated + non prorated.  

I think we would be good if we just removed the base guarantee from the first year of the new contract.  The formula is converting base salary into SB and if we just converted the non prorated money into SB as well that it would catch the base guarantee amount in those two values.  

Thoughts?

Ah... I almost forgot about that.  I did convert base salary (GTD matched) and convert GTD to SB. I got double charge.  Did you fix that as well?

@MKnight82

Okay, I added 2367 - Terry McLaurin - WR  to your restructure list, so you can see what I'm saying.

He's got a base guarantee assigned to his current contract, which is basically his base salary for that year + non prorated amount.

However, when the new contract is created it's only prorating the base salary difference.  The new contract for year 2023 is the new base salary + prorated + non prorated = Cap Hit.

I think a quick fix would be to just force the checkbox next to non prorated so that it accounts for the base guaranteed money from the original contract.  Then remove the option to check the base guaranteed amount because then it's just adding it twice into the new prorated amount.

Just now, ny92mike said:

@MKnight82

Okay, I added 2367 - Terry McLaurin - WR  to your restructure list, so you can see what I'm saying.

He's got a base guarantee assigned to his current contract, which is basically his base salary for that year + non prorated amount.

However, when the new contract is created it's only prorating the base salary difference.  The new contract for year 2023 is the new base salary + prorated + non prorated = Cap Hit.

I think a quick fix would be to just force the checkbox next to non prorated so that it accounts for the base guaranteed money from the original contract.  Then remove the option to check the base guaranteed amount because then it's just adding it twice into the new prorated amount.

In years past, we weren't allowing these restructures if they had a base guarantee assigned.  So this is kinda a new thing.

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Joe Thuney Restructured before the new year and that base became guaranteed,    Cuz he’s a good fella. 

maybe so, it still creating an issue with converting the money within the formula that is.

It's leaving guaranteed money from the original contract to the new restructured contract.  I think my suggestion will work just waiting on @MKnight82 to review it and see what he thinks.

12 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

In years past, we weren't allowing these restructures if they had a base guarantee assigned.  So this is kinda a new thing.

ah..yes.   Did we discuss about removing the checkbox for GTD to SB conversion some time ago and allowing us to convert base salary, gtd or not?

29 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@MKnight82

So in the example his cap hit goes from $11.025 to $10.293ish.  If it was calculating correctly what should it be? 

edit - I'm calculating $6.176 is that correct? 

Edited by MKnight82