Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@ny92mike its been awhile so you need to refresh my memory on the restructures. The 2nd example I have Chase Roullier entered.  When he's restructured his $8.31 mil base salary disappears but where does that go? 

So you need to create a new base salary for the new contract.  Cell C33 it must be greater than or equal to vet min or less than or equal to current base salary.

When this is done it will convert the difference of the old and new base salary into SB.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

So you need to create a new base salary for the new contract.  Cell C33 it must be greater than or equal to vet min or less than or equal to current base salary.

When this is done it will convert the difference of the old and new base salary into SB.

I think it is best to eliminate GTD to SB conversion.  It is easy to type $$$ for new base salary and the rest will get it done for us.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Ok so its just spreading the base salary out over the remaining years that makes sense. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@ny92mike I see that the non-prorated gets spread out over the remaining years of the contract.  Does the Base Salary just get paid out as a bonus and go away? 

Using the checkbox in cell A36 allows you to convert the non pro to SB and spread it out.  

I think there needs to be a formula that reads if there is a base guarantee assigned to old contract that it forces the non prorated amount into prorated amount.  I think this would include the base guaranteed amount from old contract into new restructured contract.

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Using the checkbox in cell A36 allows you to convert the non pro to SB and spread it out.  

I think there needs to be a formula that reads if there is a base guarantee assigned to old contract that it forces the non prorated amount into prorated amount.  I think this would include the base guaranteed amount from old contract into new restructured contract.

So the button on A13 isn't working is that the issue?  

52 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Okay, I added 2367 - Terry McLaurin - WR  to your restructure list, so you can see what I'm saying.

He's got a base guarantee assigned to his current contract, which is basically his base salary for that year + non prorated amount.

I'm not following this, cause his BS ($2.075) + NPA ($3.350) = $5.425.  His Base Guarantee is shown as $5.175.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Ok so I found an issue with the restructure base guarantee formula.

@RedGold @JetsandI

redgold you have a restructure created that the player has base guarantees assigned to the players current contract, but the new restructured contract doesn't account for it.  It shows it but because the cap hit is only adding the base salary + prorated + non prorated.  

I think we would be good if we just removed the base guarantee from the first year of the new contract.  The formula is converting base salary into SB and if we just converted the non prorated money into SB as well that it would catch the base guarantee amount in those two values.  

Thoughts?

After looking it over I think this is the best fix.  The base guarantee amount isn't even part of the current Year 1 cap amount so spreading it out over future years makes no sense because you're adding to future years something that doesn't currently exist. 

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not following this, cause his BS ($2.075) + NPA ($3.350) = $5.425.  His Base Guarantee is shown as $5.175.

based on spotrac, it looked like 250k out of 500k work bonus is GTD to complete the GTD compliance at signing.

Edited by JetsandI