Moretti's 2023 1st Mock

moretti19

11 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ugh, if you were to move him you’d def get more than a late pick. 

If you traded him at the very start of free agency he would cost the new team about $17M  for the year and $20M in 2024. If GB pays his roster bonus and trades him after the draft or something (seems doubtful, but is still an option), He would only cost $6M to the team trading for him. He's a top 5 LT with an injury history, but the cost would make it worth it to gamble on him. I would expect a mid round pick at least.

Commenting on the draft/free agency:
What would be the need to acquire a swing tackle in the draft to go with Dillard? You'd presumably have Tom and Nijman as your starters, with Jenkins capable of backing up in a pinch. Walker/Caleb Jones as backups. Does Dillard really fill a role? I'm not opposed to drafting more guys for depth, but the free agent signing doesn't really make sense to me.

I'm not really sure about the draft. JSN is pretty good, but is he top 15 material? When you go with a WR in the first round, are you trying to predict what Gute will do or just projecting how you would pick?

LaPorta has me curious. Does he fit what MLF wants to do? We seem to like big TEs who block really well, but LaPorta looks more like a receiving TE.

There is no way we cut Bak this year.  Maybe next year we move him, but I think we could trade him then if so.  Not this year, and perhaps never.  

I like La Porta where you have him.  This heavy with O-Linemen?  I think we're solid there with young talent.  Could happen of course, value reigns.  But we need an EDGE or two, and I like them early.  Likely either Reed or Lowry is gone, possibly both.  That means more emphasis on D-Line also.  We are in cap hell, I don't think we can swing Payne.  That kicker the best in the draft?  I don't know, but I thought two were better.  Hate a WR in Round 1, and especially so this one.

• Like 2

If Addison is there, I think there is a chance we take him at 15. Very low probability of us taking JSN in the first. Why are the Dolphins trading for Rodgers? Maybe injury concerns for Tua, but I still don't think they would have interest. Bahk is going to to be a Packer next year, way more expensive to wing at LT lol.