2023 Offseason thread

Emerica

11 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

We signed UDFA P Michael Turk. I’m surprised he wasn’t selected. He was very talented and outstanding at Oklahoma with bloodlines.

Agreed.  He absolutely has a chance to unseat Bailey as the P if Bailey isn't back to form.  

I think I saw where Miami had already signed 20 UDFAs.  It was to be expected with only 4 draft picks, but still, that number is huge.

12 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Agreed.  He absolutely has a chance to unseat Bailey as the P if Bailey isn't back to form.  

I think I saw where Miami had already signed 20 UDFAs.  It was to be expected with only 4 draft picks, but still, that number is huge.

And so much of our roster is ostensibly set. This is mostly for PS competition?

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

And so much of our roster is ostensibly set. This is mostly for PS competition?

Have to imagine it's also for bottom of the roster competition.  It's a pretty nice boon if an UDFA could unseat a vet or two.  Saves money and gets a contributor for multiple years.  Have to start looking forward to needs in upcoming seasons.

On 5/2/2023 at 4:20 PM, Tetsujin said:

In a stunning move, Miami declines the 5th Year Option on both Jackson and Igby.

I have more faith in Jackson turning it around than Igby.  I don't think either is likely to show enough to command a huge payday in free agency.  

• Like 1

PFN had their 2024 Mock Draft Simulator up and running already.

We pick at 22 and Quinn Ewers is at 22 overall. He’s hard to pass on when he’s there but sometimes I’ll get great trade offers too. I’ve been trading back picking up 2 starting quality OL early and FSU’s RB Trey Benson, who I think will be a starting RB.

Edited by Tetsujin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

PFN had their 2024 Mock Draft Simulator up and running already.

We pick at 22 and Quinn Ewers is at 22 overall. He’s hard to pass on when he’s there but sometimes I’ll get great trade offers too. I’ve been trading back picking up 2 starting quality OL early and FSU’s RB Trey Benson, who I think will be a starting RB.

I'm going with the power of positive thinking in that we find we don't need Ewers or a running back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

I'm going with the power of positive thinking in that we find we don't need Ewers or a running back. 

Trey Benson would be worth it. He’s a beast. A big, fast tackle-breaker with fresh legs.

Ewers could be a top pick and unreachable.

Edited by Tetsujin

Dolphins sign RT Isaiah Wynn.  Could be a good signing if he can stay healthy and he could prove to be a solid swing tackle.

Wynn, the 23rd overall pick in 2018, had an off year in 2022 with a PFF grade of only 54.6 but from 2019-2021 he had a PFF grade over 70 for every year.

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Dolphins sign RT Isaiah Wynn.  Could be a good signing if he can stay healthy and he could prove to be a solid swing tackle.

Wynn, the 23rd overall pick in 2018, had an off year in 2022 with a PFF grade of only 54.6 but from 2019-2021 he had a PFF grade over 70 for every year.

Yeah, that's a no-brainer gamble by Grier and Co, assuming the money is right.  You can never assume his health, but he is a sizeable upgrade at either RT or LG if they can get him on the field.