2023 Offseason thread

Emerica

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

Reported numbers on Isaiah Wynn's 1 year contract are; Base salary $2.3M, Max salary $2.7M.  My initial reaction is nice job by Greir.

Wow.  That's a really good deal for Miami.  I figured it would have been at least twice that.  He was terrible last year, but so was the entire offense in NE.  Easy to forget how good he was his first 3 years in the league.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

We got Hunt to deal with too soon. I don't know if we can retain everyone we want.

Definitely won't be able to.  Williams should be the priority extension, IMO.  He was terrific at C last year and only just turned 26.  

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Cook released. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Cook is one of my top 5 favorite collegiate football players of all time, as an FSU fan.  Love the guy.  But I'm just not sure he makes much sense for the Fins unless he comes in really cheap.  Mostert/Wilson/Achane is a really solid gameday committee and Ahmed can be the 3rd back when one of the others inevitably misses some time.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Cook is one of my top 5 favorite collegiate football players of all time, as an FSU fan.  Love the guy.  But I'm just not sure he makes much sense for the Fins unless he comes in really cheap.  Mostert/Wilson/Achane is a really solid gameday committee and Ahmed can be the 3rd back when one of the others inevitably misses some time.  

Same here. I'm just glad we won't be paying any assets to trade for him now.

If he signs it’d be one of the best running back rooms in the league. 

Fully healthy, this is probably the most talented Fins roster on paper we’ve seen in decades. I still very much worry about that OL and ILB depth tho.