2023 Offseason thread

Emerica

3 hours ago, Emerica said:

Whoa.  That's a lot of space they just made.  They can extend Wilkins and drop his number a good bit as well.  Guess I better go look at who is available in FA now.  I honestly hadn't bothered before.  Any starting-worthy CBs?

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Whoa.  That's a lot of space they just made.  They can extend Wilkins and drop his number a good bit as well.  Guess I better go look at who is available in FA now.  I honestly hadn't bothered before.  Any starting-worthy CBs?

Some interesting names imo

Jamel Dean

James Bradberry

Cam Dantzler

Marcus Peters

Patrick Peterson

Rock Ya-Sin

Chandon Sullivan

Amani Oruwariye

A few of these names would make for a solid duo with Howard. I wouldn’t want to break the bank for a CB like we did with Byron tho.

Edited by Emerica

1 hour ago, Emerica said:

Some interesting names imo

Jamel Dean

James Bradberry

Cam Dantzler

Marcus Peters

Patrick Peterson

Rock Ya-Sin

Chandon Sullivan

Amani Oruwariye

A few of these names would make for a solid duo with Howard. I wouldn’t want to break the bank for a CB like we did with Byron tho.

Dean would be terrific, but he'll cost too much.  Does Peters or Peterson have anything left in the tank?  

24 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Dean would be terrific, but he'll cost too much.  Does Peters or Peterson have anything left in the tank?  

Not what they used to be but i think they still have some juice. They obviously wouldn’t be long term options but given where this team is at, wouldn’t mind either on a one-year deal.

Although Peters doesn’t look like he’s matured with age, still a hot head

If we had to focus on one position to pay in FA i would definitely go with RT. We’ve shown we can’t draft and develop OL adequately so lets get proven commodity like we did last offseason. Some interesting names:

Kaleb McGary

Mike McGlinchey

Andrew Wylie

Jawaan Taylor

Isaiah Wynn

Trey Pipkins

6 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Miami has exercised Tua's 5th year option. guaranteeing 24million in 2024. I may be in the minority but I am fine with this move. 

I’m not sure how anyone could realistically be against it given what we’ve seen happen with the Giants. Just smart business imo

A few moves that can help us clear more $$ if needed:

Restructure Jalen Ramsey - $10,556,000

Trade Ogbah - $11,185,000

Trade Wilson Jr - $6,000,000

Extend Wilkins - $7,738,000

Extend Williams - $4,336,000

Cut Smythe - $3,485,000

Cut Crossen - $3,155,000

Also need to factor in the $13M coming off the books on June 1. That will allow us to sign our draft class and add some depth to the back end of the roster.

2 hours ago, Emerica said:

A few moves that can help us clear more $$ if needed:

Restructure Jalen Ramsey - $10,556,000

Trade Ogbah - $11,185,000

Trade Wilson Jr - $6,000,000

Extend Wilkins - $7,738,000

Extend Williams - $4,336,000

Cut Smythe - $3,485,000

Cut Crossen - $3,155,000

Also need to factor in the $13M coming off the books on June 1. That will allow us to sign our draft class and add some depth to the back end of the roster.

They can find enough for that in the couch cushions at this point.  

I missed the part about Ramsey's new deal.  He had cap hits around $25 million or so under his old deal for the next 3 years, but didn't have guaranteed money.  Fins essentially reworked his deal into a 2 year deal with a $17 million cap hit this year and $18.5 million in 2024 by guaranteeing the money.  They could keep him for $19.5 million in 2025 or cut him with no dead money.  This was an unbelievably good job by the FO.  They get his last two seasons under age 30 for less than market value and have absolutely no risk in having to pay him sizeable cap hits for his age 30+ season.  Simply a terrific job in navigating this.