2023 Offseason thread

Emerica

Really like the Elliot deal.  Provides much needed depth back there.  Hopefully neither Gaskin nor Swain make it out of training camp.  Saubert is a solid blocking TE and good to have to help fill out the roster.  Solid on special teams as well.  Still hoping they draft their main TE this year.  I'm a really big Tucker Kraft fan and think he would be perfect in this offense.

Whoa.  Woke up to a whole bunch of depth/camp body signings.

OG/C - Dan Feeney  - Needed a backup C, so that's fine.  Just pray that he doesn't have to start for us.

OT - Gerod Christian - Seems like a camp body to me.  Was on the team last year and couldn't get on the field, even with the injuries we had.  Doubt he makes it.

OT - Kendall Lamm - I like this one, actually.  To my untrained eye, he was performing solidly before he went down with an injury in the Pats game.  Let him compete at RT if they aren't going to get an actual upgrade there.  At worst, he's solid depth.  

CB - Nik Needham - I'm with Emerica.  Love this.  Depth in the secondary for days now, and it's really cheap.  Hopefully he bounces back from the achilles to his pre-injury form.

• Like 1

By my back of the napkin figuring, the current roster is:

QB (3) - Tua/Mike White/Skyler Thompson

HB (4) - Raheem Mostert/Jeff Wilson/Salvon Ahmed/Myles Gaskin

FB (1) - Alec Ingold

WR (6) - Tyreek Hill/Jaylen Waddle/Ced Wilson/Erik Ezukanma/Braylon Sanders/Freddie Swain

OT (5) - Terron Armstead/Austin Jackson/Kendall Lamm/Gerod Christian/Kion Smith

IOL (5) - Robert Hunt/Connor Williams/Liam Eichenburg/Robert Jones/Dan Feeney

TE (3) - Durham Smythe/Eric Saubert/Tanner Conner

DE/Edge (4) - Bradley Chubb/Jaelan Phillips/Emmanuel Ogbah/Cameron Goode

DT (5) - Christian Wilkins/Zach Sieler/Raekwon Davis/Josiah Bronson/Jaylen Twyman

LB (4) - David Long/Jerome Baker/Channing Tindall/Duke Riley

CB (8) - Jalen Ramsey/Xavien Howard/Kader Kohou/Nik Needham/Noah Igbihoghene/Trill Williams/Keion Crossen/Tino Ellis

S (5) - Jevon Holland/Brandon Jones/Deshon Elliot/Verone McKinley/Elijah Campbell

K (1) - Jason Sanders

LS (1) - Blake Ferguson

Obviously they still need a punter, and some of these guys won't make it out of camp.  But that's 55 guys under contract before the draft and UDFAs.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What are we getting from Elandon Roberts? Looks like passionate guy, but is he starting quality? What did you guys think of his time with you?

I have hoped he would be with a different team for a few years now, but he kept finding his way back. Roberts was absolute trash for us.  Complete liability in the passing game and he was too slow to diagnose run plays.  He was a solid tackler when he was somehow in the right place to make a play, but it wasn't often enough.  Him signing with the Steelers is in my top 5 favorite moves this offseason for the Fins.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What are we getting from Elandon Roberts? Looks like passionate guy, but is he starting quality? What did you guys think of his time with you?

He was a leader and always full on. Laid the wood but often hurt himself in the process. Postionally he got caught out quite a bit but a good tackler when in the right place. He is terrible in coverage.

• Like 2