2023 Offseason thread

Emerica

23 hours ago, mountainpd said:

He was a leader and always full on. Laid the wood but often hurt himself in the process. Postionally he got caught out quite a bit but a good tackler when in the right place. He is terrible in coverage.

Pretty fair assessment I wouldn’t want him starting long term but I think depth wise he belongs on a roster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emerica said:

I really liked both him and Sherfield as the #5/#6 WRs on the roster.  Happy to see him back.

Fins signed Jake Bailey to punt.  Former Pats punter that was quite good in 2020 and 2021, but was hurt last year and did poorly.  Ended up being cut and there was a suspension in there as well, due to a disagreement on whether or not Bailey was healthy enough to play.  Bring in a UDFA to challenge in ST and that should be that.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 12:22 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

What are we getting from Elandon Roberts? Looks like passionate guy, but is he starting quality? What did you guys think of his time with you?

I totally agree with the previous posters assessments, but I'll add that in the AFC North Roberts might have a little more value.  He's at his best when he can flow downhill attacking ball carriers and rushing the passer between the Tackles.  That's not a terrible skillset to have as a LB versus Cleveland and Baltimore's style of Offense twice a year.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 1:06 PM, Emerica said:

Malik Reed

Probably a Fangio recommendation considering he played for him in Denver. 8 sacks in 2020, 5 in 2021

I am assuming he takes AVG spot

That's a pretty decent depth piece that has plenty of familiarity with Fangio.  Coming off a down year too, so the money is probably right.  

39 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

AVG is still out there. I wonder what he's looking for. I also wonder if we've contacted Bobby Wagner.

I'm a little shocked that AVG hasn't signed somewhere.  He's a solid depth piece for someone.  The Reed signing probably prevents an AVG depth signing for Miami, but he's absolutely a useful player. Have to believe Miami also checked in with Wagner pretty early on, but found the asking price prohibitive.  Only reason he's not signed right now is because he is asking for too much money.  

Spotrac has the Fins at $2.73 million in cap space, but doesn't have figures for Reed yet.  This also doesn't include Jones being designated a post-June cut.  Assuming Reed gets roughly $4 million and the draft picks only need $2 million, that leaves around $8-9 million left.  I would guess they just roll it over to help with resigning Wilkins next offseason.

On 3/24/2023 at 1:10 PM, Emerica said:

Anything that gets us closer to cutting Crossen and saving over $3 million.  Not sure why he's on the roster right now.

On 3/24/2023 at 1:22 PM, Tetsujin said:

Rumor has it that an in-shape DJ Fluker wants to return to Miami

Whoa.  Fluker really put in the work.  Absolutely bring him in to compete at RT if he's healthy.

Good thing that its very good TE class:

Dalton Kincaid

Michael Mayer

Darnell Washington

Luke Musgrave

Sam Laporta

Tucker Kraft

Josh Whyle

Brenton Strange

Realistically we won’t be in range for the top 3 but would be happy with any of these guys