PLAYOFFS | Divisional | 1st Seed Eagles vs THE Jersey Bog Giants [Sat 8:15]

Kiltman

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

after week 18, when we barley beat their backups, there’s no chance anybody is taking that team/staff lightly.

Our decision to go vanilla that game looking genius in hindsight. We knew a rematch was possible, and here we are. Didn’t give them anything on film.

Hurts lays an egg and they turn it over early. It's just one of those playoff debuts for him. Then it's time to get paid and time to cut the veterans. Really unfortunate for Philly. I just love the Giants in this spot. They are due for a huge win against the Eagles. I mean, the all time series record is like .500 almost (Eagles caught up in the last few years). I think it's 2-2 in the post season too.

35 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Hurts lays an egg and they turn it over early. It's just one of those playoff debuts for him. Then it's time to get paid and time to cut the veterans. Really unfortunate for Philly. I just love the Giants in this spot. They are due for a huge win against the Eagles. I mean, the all time series record is like .500 almost (Eagles caught up in the last few years). I think it's 2-2 in the post season too.

gmen? Is this your Alt account?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

For who? Hurts? This his second playoff game. He lost to the Bucs last year

Giants did look good but you're overreacting here. Vikings defense is trash and it showed again yesterday.

Can they beat us sure "any given Sunday" crap. If hurts is hurt hurt then yeah. If hurts is anything close to 100% they stand no chance

45 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Eagles favored by -7. O/U 47.5

Vegas is predicting a, roughly, 27-20 Eagle win. Seems about right I’d say. 

Was surprised by this line, I think it’s Vegas hedging as nobody can say for sure that Hurts will be himself. It was just over a month ago when we stomped them in MetLife. 41-14 when they pulled Jones, and 1 of their TDs was on a very short field after a blocked punt. Defensively they are healthier (still got torched yesterday), but pretty much same matchup on other side. 

There is undoubtedly a talent gap here. If we call and execute a good game, it shouldn’t be close.

15 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Definitely all the trappings of a one and done. Shades of 07' Giants. I think this is the worst round one opponent that was possible for the Eagles, even over the Cowboys. Eagles are going to look at past performance and take them lightly... it's human nature and Giants are due to pay one back for 08' and Miracle at Meadowlands II game.

5 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

who-da-fook-conor-mcgregor.gif

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

gmen? Is this your Alt account?

Most of the great QBs sans a TB12 go on to lose their first two playoff games. It's part of the maturation. Hurts probably needs some time. I just think they rushed him back and he'll be a little tentative out there.

33 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I have been noticing Milton is a positive way the second half of the year.

He started really stepping up around the time after Davis went down and then shortly after bringing in Joseph & Suh. It’s actually surprising to me just how good his run defense has been early on in his career. He has some of the smallest arms for a DT in the NFL and obviously he’s undersized from weight perspective too. He does a really good job knifing in with his explosiveness, but he also gets into a guards pads quickly and almost forklifts them up with his natural leverage. He’s like Brandon Graham in a sense that both of them are super strong with short arms and you don’t want to let them into your chest.

As a pass rusher I feel like he still has a ways to go which is why I’d like to retain Hargrave and let him keep getting better under him before he’s ready to be the starting 3T down the line.

Everyone remembers that draft room handshake fiasco with Roseman and Donahoe over the Eagles trading down and taking Milton Williams when Donahoe wanted Alim McNeill who got picked. I thought coming into the NFL that McNeill the much bigger DT and advertised NT would’ve been better at run defense early in their careers, but funnily enough it’s been the opposite according to PFF.

Alim McNeil:

Run Defense: 59.8

Pass Rush: 70.7

Milton Williams:

Run Defense: 75.7

Pass Rush: 58.5

20 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Most of the great QBs sans a TB12 go on to lose their first two playoff games. It's part of the maturation. Hurts probably needs some time. I just think they rushed him back and he'll be a little tentative out there.

So that rule doesn't apply for Daniel Jones.... why?

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

So that rule doesn't apply for Daniel Jones.... why?

Because that doesn't meet his narrative! Not that he really has a consistent narrative with how fast it changed from Hurts playoff Debut to first couple games.

Guys pretty clearly just grasping at any straw to justify his belief in the outcome he wants to see. Not unique but cringe all the same. The Eagles definitely could lose this weekend, but this idea that this is somehow a bad matchup for us on paper is completely braindead. The only better matchup in the playoffs was the Seahawks than the Giants.