2022 Divisional Round: Jaguars vs Chiefs

kingseanjohn

Who wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

4 hours ago, jimmyjohns said:

Why should Jacksonville get credit for points left off the board? Kansas City would have put up 40+ if we create an alternative universe that eliminates mistakes.

Further, why should we believe the outcome will be different? The teams are largely the same and Andy typically runs people over off a bye week. 

I don’t think anyone is giving them credit, they made mistakes and it cost them the game.

The team is just different from then (as I’m sure the Chiefs are). We may get routed, but the way the team was playing then versus now just isn’t the same. We’re 7-1 over our last 8 games. 

Have little faith against Mahomes, especially at his home, but I think there’s reason to expect a good game barring we don’t hand them the ball 5+ times in a half like last week.

15 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I don’t think anyone is giving them credit, they made mistakes and it cost them the game.

The team is just different from then (as I’m sure the Chiefs are). We may get routed, but the way the team was playing then versus now just isn’t the same. We’re 7-1 over our last 8 games. 

Have little faith against Mahomes, especially at his home, but I think there’s reason to expect a good game barring we don’t hand them the ball 5+ times in a half like last week.

Fair regarding mistakes. Largely I think we agree on the odds. Maybe my assessment of the Jags was off at the time of the last game. At the time of the game I viewed the Jags as a roster with solid overall talent, a few ascending young defensive players and a QB that is progressing towards top tier, but not there quite yet. Think that position is the same now.

For the Chiefs, I also am in the same general frame of mind. Reid + Mahomes + a top 20 defense is good enough to have a playoff shot in a rebuild year. 

9 point spread is disrespectful. That being said the Chiefs are not the Chargers. Jaguars have anything near a game like they did last week and the Chiefs will hang up 50+. Everyone wants to talk up Mahomes for this game but the true difference maker will be Kelce. I don’t know if the Jags have anyone on their roster who can hope to cover him 1v1 . He just takes over the middle of the field. Oh yea and it’s in Arrowhead… Chiefs win, but don’t cover that spread. 

1 hour ago, Leoric said:

9 point spread is disrespectful. That being said the Chiefs are not the Chargers. Jaguars have anything near a game like they did last week and the Chiefs will hang up 50+. Everyone wants to talk up Mahomes for this game but the true difference maker will be Kelce. I don’t know if the Jags have anyone on their roster who can hope to cover him 1v1 . He just takes over the middle of the field. Oh yea and it’s in Arrowhead… Chiefs win, but don’t cover that spread. 

The Chiefs sometimes appear content to come out and piddle-fart around and seem to believe that they will flip a switch and turn the light on. They need to come out of the gate hot by establishing the run along with as you mentioned, getting Kelce going early. I hate to say it but I am nervous that Reid & EB might do what they did last year against the Bengals in the playoffs and completely abandon a successful rushing attack and hang Mahomes out to dry with a disjointed second half game plan and playcalling.

15 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Because now Chiefs fans will be loud?

It’s actually hilarious how much light the answer he gave is getting.

TIAA has been absolutely electric the last two weeks. It’s a playoff atmosphere. It’s going to be LOUD everywhere in the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It’s actually hilarious how much light the answer he gave is getting.

TIAA has been absolutely electric the last two weeks. It’s a playoff atmosphere. It’s going to be LOUD everywhere in the playoffs.

I’ve been to lots of high profile games in the Superdome. It’s insanely loud…as loud as anywhere. The Jags game the past few weeks have been almost identical. Your ears are ringing the rest of the day

54 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Because the last time someone challenged the Chiefs fans they set an all time decibel level record.

Loud is loud. This is a story that people are going to make a big deal about when it’s really nothing. If the Chiefs win it’ll have absolutely nothing to do with Lawrence’s statement.