2022 Divisional Round: Jaguars vs Chiefs

kingseanjohn

Who wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

9 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Loud is loud. This is a story that people are going to make a big deal about when it’s really nothing. If the Chiefs win it’ll have absolutely nothing to do with Lawrence’s statement. 

That is a debatable issue. 

It is sufficient to say it will be louder than in Jacksonville. More to the point it will be louder when it interferes with Lawrence's signal calling.

10 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:
22 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Loud is loud. This is a story that people are going to make a big deal about when it’s really nothing. If the Chiefs win it’ll have absolutely nothing to do with Lawrence’s statement. 

That is a debatable issue. 

It is sufficient to say it will be louder than in Jacksonville. More to the point it will be louder when it interferes with Lawrence's signal calling.

I have to age with this - it’s not about *how* loud, moreso *when* it’s loud. Jacksonville is going to be kind to Lawrence when he’s barking out orders at the line. Crowd doesn’t get loud for the home team like that…

KC on the other hand - it’s going to be like a jet engine going full throttle anytime Lawrence is on the field. Not saying he can’t drown it out, but it’s a different situation compared to last week.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:
12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I have to age with this - it’s not about *how* loud, moreso *when* it’s loud. 

It's really both. 

I’m not here to debate the differences between 125 dbl and 175 dbl - the human ear can’t really discern the differences at such high dbls, so saying “loud is loud” is more or less a statement about biology vs anything else.

125dbl, 145dbl, 165dbl - unless Lawrence is part sperm whale, it’s not going to register any different.

“We knew that they were gonna be jacked up for us to come in, and expecting to beat our ***. But we were ready for it,” Burrow said. “Playing in the SEC definitely, definitely helped. Gets way louder in the SEC than in any of these NFL stadiums.”

https://amp.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article257714573.html

28 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I have to age with this - it’s not about *how* loud, moreso *when* it’s loud. Jacksonville is going to be kind to Lawrence when he’s barking out orders at the line. Crowd doesn’t get loud for the home team like that…

KC on the other hand - it’s going to be like a jet engine going full throttle anytime Lawrence is on the field. Not saying he can’t drown it out, but it’s a different situation compared to last week.

I’m not arguing that there won’t be a difference between the opposing team being loud and your home crowd being loud. If people are arguing that Lawrence’s statement is a little dumb, then I’d agree. But people are going to try to argue that somehow the Chiefs fan will be even more loud and it is going to make some sort of difference in the game…which is stupid. It’s a home playoff game for the Chiefs…of course it’ll be loud. 

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Because the last time someone challenged the Chiefs fans they set an all time decibel level record.

It won’t be as loud as that game. It’s gonna be cold

The record performances were in early September and October, when stadiums are loudest

Trevor Lawrence has already seen the Arrowhead crowd, but it really wasn’t a playoff atmosphere either. It was an easy win and Jacksonville never threatened

Saturday will be louder, but probably not approaching that 142db 

47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think Lawrence was trying to compliment his own fanbase about their support and passion and instead it's more or less become bulletin board material.

90% of "bulletin board" material is bs.  The only time I might buy into it a little bit is if a guy takes personal shots at players directly.  That might make it a bit more chippy.  Otherwise, basically zero difference.  No one in the KC locker room is going to be getting fired up before the game going "OH MAN, TLAW SAID HIS HOME CROWD WAS LOUDER, AHHHHHHH!!!!!"

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m not arguing that there won’t be a difference between the opposing team being loud and your home crowd being loud. If people are arguing that Lawrence’s statement is a little dumb, then I’d agree. But people are going to try to argue that somehow the Chiefs fan will be even more loud and it is going to make some sort of difference in the game…which is stupid. It’s a home playoff game for the Chiefs…of course it’ll be loud. 

I’m in the “Lawrence statement is a little dumb” crowd, fwiw.

• Like 1

I've only been to a handful of stadiums, but there is nothing like that KC crowd.  When they are all in unison on 3rd down or in the RZ you can almost feel the sound blasting you in the face

weather won't really be a factor for the fans. The low is 25 with some light rain/snow flurries, thats nothing a pair of gloves, stocking cap, and a beverage or 4 can't handle

24 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

90% of "bulletin board" material is bs.  The only time I might buy into it a little bit is if a guy takes personal shots at players directly.  That might make it a bit more chippy.  Otherwise, basically zero difference.  No one in the KC locker room is going to be getting fired up before the game going "OH MAN, TLAW SAID HIS HOME CROWD WAS LOUDER, AHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Correct

IMO, the most effective bulletin board material has some type of personal nature behind it. I think a lot of this is drummed up nonsense, but this is actually the best kind for KC right now, because the fans are likely irrational (fan is short for fanatic after all) and may rally behind this nonsense, while the players and coaches can be nonchalant and say things like "We look forward to the opportunity and we know that we have the best fans in the league" without being in your face about it.

39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

No one in the KC locker room is going to be getting fired up before the game going "OH MAN, TLAW SAID HIS HOME CROWD WAS LOUDER, AHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Yeah, they will. 

It's not TLaw said his fans were loud. It's TLaw dissed our home crowd. Pumping the volume is a good in-game game.

42 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I agree, but this "material" looks like it will more so affect KC fans attending the game, rather than the players. If they needed extra motivation to be loud, this is it.