2022 Divisional Round: Jaguars vs Chiefs

kingseanjohn

Who wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

On 1/21/2023 at 9:49 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Jags have the second best points diff since week 14, averaging 29 a game, held 3 of the last 4 opponents to under 20, won 8 from last 10.

KC are the team that give up the highest passer rating of all remaining playoff teams.

So I’m taking Chiefs but Jags points (8.5). Chiefs by 6 or something close

This came in 🤑

but I also had Giants covering hahaha

Just dropping in haven't read much.

How can the Jags not fire their DC??????

Kelce destroyed (linebackers) them underneath  He ran a Zone and had no answer. This is with PM on one leg.

Rodney Harrison destroyed him for lack of adjustment. 1st half, 10 catches,  what did he end up with 100!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

12 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Everyone knew he was raw when it came to rushing the passer. First year as an OLB. He was a force in the run game this year. He would be best suited as a 3T imo though.

Any reason why they have him and Josh Allen in coverage so often? It’s a crime to not have Allen going after the QB every snap. 

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Any reason why they have him and Josh Allen in coverage so often? It’s a crime to not have Allen going after the QB every snap. 

Just part of Mike Caldwell’s scheme. Had Arden Key dropping into coverage on Kelce at one point last night.

The D was much better down the stretch this season but some of his play calls are very confusing.

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

Just dropping in haven't read much.

How can the Jags not fire their DC??????

Kelce destroyed (linebackers) them underneath  He ran a Zone and had no answer. This is with PM on one leg.

Rodney Harrison destroyed him for lack of adjustment. 1st half, 10 catches,  what did he end up with 100!!!!!

I think they did the best they could. Letting the backup drive down the field and score was embarrassing, but still it was just a 10 point game with 7 minutes left. 

And Kelce was held to 4 catches in the 2nd half, 2 came on that last td drive. So they made some adjustment, obviously. 

I think the environment/crowd got to the Jags offense and not having an elite weapon in the pass game was their downfall. Kirk played a hell of a game but it wasn't enough. Maybe Ridley can push them over the top, but who they really need is Deandre Hopkins

Edited by adamq

7 minutes ago, adamq said:

I think they did the best they could. Letting the backup drive down the field and score was embarrassing, but still it was just a 10 point game with 7 minutes left.

I think the environment/crowd got to the Jags offense and not having an elite weapon in the pass game was their downfall. Kirk played a hell of a game but it wasn't enough. Maybe Ridley can push them over the top, but who they really need is Deandre Hopkins

They were gashing on the run game and KC D had no answer. As soon as they went away from that, the game got away.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

If you're going to fire DCs who can't defend Kelce the league won't have any DCs.

Yesterday was different. Mahomes was hobbled and pretty much only targeting Kelce. Henne also only targeted Kelce. The Jags defended him like he was George Swaim.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yesterday was different. Mahomes was hobbled and pretty much only targeting Kelce. Henne also only targeted Kelce. The Jags defended him like he was George Swaim.

I don't know Xs and Os very well but the guy is like a goddamn ghost sometimes where he just appears in a weak spot. Broncos have been trying to figure it out for years and just can't. I would love for someone to break that down for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I don't know Xs and Os very well but the guy is like a goddamn ghost sometimes where he just appears in a weak spot. Broncos have been trying to figure it out for years and just can't. I would love for someone to break that down for me.

Every Kelce route is an option route, and he can choose where he goes depending on how he sees the coverages. He was also a QB and has innate ability to read weaknesses in zone. There is no film study for that, you can’t defend random controlled chaos.   

• Like 3