2022 Divisional Round: Jaguars vs Chiefs

kingseanjohn

Who wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

4 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Yeah, they will. 

It's not TLaw said his fans were loud. It's TLaw dissed our home crowd. Pumping the volume is a good in-game game.

Did you even listen to his statement? Because this takeaway sure doesn’t seem like it.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Did you even listen to his statement? Because this takeaway sure doesn’t seem like it.

Hate to say it because I want to defend my people, but yeah this is really a dumb 'story''.

I was a little pumped up when I first read about it but when I heard the actual clip it was literally not a slight in any way lol. 

It was 100% a "can't imagine anything being louder than JAX was last week" not a "I don't think that crowd's really that loud". 

But I'm still cool using it as motivation to boo him out of the building.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I agree, but this "material" looks like it will more so affect KC fans attending the game, rather than the players. If they needed extra motivation to be loud, this is it.

And 0% of them were planning on going and clapping politely between each play and settling down in silence for each play to better understand what is going on.  KC was going to be a mad house regardless, I don't think that quote makes 1 decibel of difference than it would have been otherwise.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

And 0% of them were planning on going and clapping politely between each play and settling down in silence for each play to better understand what is going on.  KC was going to be a mad house regardless, I don't think that quote makes 1 decibel of difference than it would have been otherwise.

Plot Twist:

Kansas City pulls a Cleveland and does a 10 cent beer night promotion

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/06/04/today-in-baseball-history-indians-hold-infamous-ten-cent-beer-night/

Another thing people sometimes miss is that the actual riot that ended the game didn’t happen until the ninth inning. Much of the chaos simply occurred as the game was being played. The firecrackers going off for one thing. Also a good bit of nudity. It was 1974 and 1974 was the year of the streaking craze. Early in the game a woman entered the playing field, stood in the on deck circle and flashed her breasts before trying to kiss the home plate umpire. Later a guy who streaked to second base, sliding and everything which, man, that couldn’t have felt good. A father and son team mooned the bleachers. Things were lit.

And increasingly ugly. As the beer continued to flow — limit six, but there was no practical enforcement preventing people from returning to the beer stands over and over again, getting six cups each time — more fans would run out onto the field, some being apprehended by ushers, most scurrying back into the stands. Beer, batteries, tennis balls, golf balls, and other things fans brought to the park were thrown onto the field with increasing frequency. At one point someone threw a glass bottle of Thunderbird at Mike Hargrove, just missing him.

The actual riot came in the bottom of the ninth, just as the Indians had rallied to tie it at five. 

The winning run stood on second base when a young man jumped from the outfield seats and (perhaps searching for a memento to mark the occasion) flipped the cap off Rangers outfielder Jeff Burroughs’ head. The outfielder turned to confront the fan and tripped over his own feet in the process. For the first time that evening, the chaos enveloped a player.

The slope of the diamond made it impossible for [Rangers manager Billy] Martin to see below the level of an outfielder’s knees from his station in the dugout. The legendary manager, in a moment that does not get large enough print on his long and colorful résumé, did not hesitate after Burroughs fell from view.

“Let’s go get ’em, boys,” he said, arming himself with a fungo bat and sprinting toward right-center field. The Rangers, understandably inspired, followed him.

Martin and his team stormed the diamond, infielders filling out their ranks. When they reached the outfield, the Rangers found Burroughs flustered but unharmed. More worrisome was the effect of their charge on the assembly: The jovial, frolicking nudists had disappeared. The mob that replaced them kept its clothes on and brandished an arsenal that made Martin’s Louisville Slugger look like a child’s toy. The Rangers manager spotted people wielding chains, knives and clubs fashioned from pieces of stadium seats. The 25 Texas players quickly found themselves surrounded by 200 angry drunks, and more were tumbling over the wall onto the field. The Texas Rangers had been ambushed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nicfre2011 said:

John Henderson was a beast.

They had him (6’ 7” 335) and Marcus Stroud (6’ 6” 310) lined up on that inside.

THAT’S how you run a 4-3 base. Just pile up close to 700 lbs of bad intentions on the inside of the DL and let Mike Peterson roam free as a MLB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

They had him (6’ 7” 335) and Marcus Stroud (6’ 6” 310) lined up on that inside.

THAT’S how you run a 4-3 base. Just pile up close to 700 lbs of bad intentions on the inside of the DL and let Mike Peterson roam free as a MLB.

I was racking my brain trying to remember who the other monster was lined up next to Henderson was! I still have memories sitting in THREE RIVERS STADIUM watching the Jaguars play the Steelers and being amazed at this DUDE with his hands on his hips looking at the stadium screen during TV timeouts after a kickoff to the endzone where I was sitting...Tony Boselli. That was the start of my love for the offensive line.

Edited by nicfre2011
  • Like 1