2022 Divisional Round: Jaguars vs Chiefs

kingseanjohn

Who wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Ehhh Jags are gonna win that division like the next 7-8 out of 10 years. QB’s rule divisions. 

You can't make any kind of proclamation like that. Teams can turn around practically overnight with the right coaching, right QB choices, right management. You can't just assume the other 3 teams will continue to be completely inept going forward. Texans might knock it out of the park with their HC choice and QB pick this year.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

If anything, outside of injury concerns, why weren’t more teams interested in him? 

Drops, injury history, blocking, price tag.. super athletic TEs can be found, but a lot of teams don't utilize them correctly. (Juwan Johnson in NO comes to mind, for a lot of teams I feel he would be an afterthought)

Engram got fed the ball in NY but Garrett couldn't scheme himself out of a wet paper bag.. Doug P knowd how to deploy his weapons and is getting EE all kinds of wide open looks 

Edited by adamq

6 hours ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

Ok, gonna get ripped for this but that's alright.  The Lawrence love is out of control.  He's a nice QB and I get why jags fans would be excited, but let's not act like he's been an all pro QB this year. He's been good/great the second half of this year, but that's not unique compared to the QBs left.  Has he been better than Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, or Burrow this year? Nope. He's in that middle ground with Dak, Cousins (yes Cousins), Herbert, Tua, etc...  He's had a nice second half of the season, but in the games I've watched of his (more than half), I haven't thought to myself "wow! There's only a couple guys who could do what he just did!" Maybe he'll get to that point someday, but he's firmly in that middle ground of being good enough to get by, but not a game changer similar to Kirk Cousins. Full disclosure, I would take Cousins for next year over Lawrence (though not for the next 10 years). Cousins is severely underrated and Lawrence is severely overrated. As of right now, he has not lived up to the "generational prospect" label he was given, though maybe he shouldn't have gotten that label as it was really unrealistic. The only thing Lawrence really has going for him over a guy like Cousions is that he's younger. I would also take Mahommes, Allen, Burrow, Dak, Herbert pretty easily.  Hurts, Lamar, Tua? Maybe, but I'm not big on qbs who are more of a running threat than passing. Not a fan of Murray. Wouldn't take Watson period. Maybe Rodgers and Brady for 1 year only, but probably not. I'm not trying to throw shade (I think that's the right usage) at the Jags, it just feels like Lawrence is getting a lot of credit when he hasn't really earned it.

I'll cosign this, if you're making the argument that I think you are.

Idk that I would take Kirk Cousins over Lawrence for 2023, but I also don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that Cousins has a better year. 

For me, being a Nick Wright stan, Trevor is one of the things I vehemently disagree with him on. Not because I don't think Trevor is good or because he can't be a top 5 QB (even next year), just that I don't think he is there yet (as Wright claims). But as many people can attest, I don't tend to rank people based upon projections but rather based upon what they've actually done in the men's league, so my list is probably more fluid than most.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You can't make any kind of proclamation like that. Teams can turn around practically overnight with the right coaching, right QB choices, right management. You can't just assume the other 3 teams will continue to be completely inept going forward. Texans might knock it out of the park with their HC choice and QB pick this year.

The Texans roster literally died and they had a chance to win the division in the final game. They were starting a dude off the street at QB lol

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Did you think the jags were going to win the division this year? 

I have no idea if they are gonna be a lock the next decade 

This is silly. You are thinking like a fan without a bluechip QB prospect. Do you think the Chiefs fans were worried about “not being back” after Mahomes second year? Do you think the Colts were worried about a young Peyton Manning not being back? That’s silly. Anything is possible, but frankly I’d bet my life savings that the Jaguars will be back in the playoffs again within the next five seasons. 

I think Lawrence is on a very bright trajectory. I also in no way believe he’s there yet. The dude threw 4 picks last week and gets a pass because the Chargers pulled a Chargers.

He isn’t Burrow

He isn’t Mahomes

He isn’t Allen

He isn’t Herbert

…and he isn’t even Jalen Hurts.

Throw in a healthy Lamar and guys who make an argument like a healthy Tua, a down year Aaron Rodgers, a potential Watson, and a Dak, and he’s certainly not Top 5 and may not even be top 10 yet, not even taking into account how good Purdy has looked and taking an injured Stafford out of consideration as well.

I would take Lawrence over Hurts long term, but this has gotten out of hand.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

This is silly. You are thinking like a fan without a bluechip QB prospect. Do you think the Chiefs fans were worried about “not being back” after Mahomes second year? Do you think the Colts were worried about a young Peyton Manning not being back? That’s silly. Anything is possible, but frankly I’d bet my life savings that the Jaguars will be back in the playoffs again within the next five seasons. 

Mahomes is an all timer with an all time coach. Trevor isn’t even an all pro. Burrow is better than him and even their division came down to the wire with the ravens QB gettin hurt. I’m actually confident  Baltimore wins the north with Lamar this season 

Bad comparison 

Edited by CP3MVP

15 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Mahomes is an all timer with an all time coach. Trevor isn’t even an all pro. Burrow is better than him and even their division came down to the wire with the ravens QB gettin hurt. I’m actually confident  Baltimore wins the north with Lamar this season 

Bad comparison 

So because Trevor isn’t as good as super elite QBs in his second season with a journeyman WR corp…that makes him overrated? What are you even talking about? 

When did anyone say that Trevor was better than Mahomes? Nobody even said that he’s as good as Allen or Burrows. People just like his progression and his upside to get to that group. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

I would also take Mahommes, Allen, Burrow, Dak, Herbert pretty easily.  Hurts, Lamar, Tua?

How do you like the support Trevor Lawrence [and Josh Allen] will receive compared to that afforded the other QBs you mentioned?

Quarterback  DYAR | WRs  TE1  OLs  Ttl
                  |
Mahomes       1st | 8th  1st  6th   15
Allen         5th |  16   25   31   72
Burrow        6th | 1st   30   26   57
Prescott       14 |  19   17   16   52
Herbert        12 | 7th   16   25   48
Hurts          10 |  14  4th  1st   19
Jackson        19 |  11  3rd  7th   21
Tua           4th | 4th   33   11   48
                  |
Lawrence      7th |  23   21   28   72

At least Josh Allen has Stefon Diggs.

"No man is an island." - John Donne

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think Lawrence is on a very bright trajectory. I also in no way believe he’s there yet. The dude threw 4 picks last week and gets a pass because the Chargers pulled a Chargers.

He isn’t Burrow

He isn’t Mahomes

He isn’t Allen

He isn’t Herbert

…and he isn’t even Jalen Hurts.

Throw in a healthy Lamar and guys who make an argument like a healthy Tua, a down year Aaron Rodgers, a potential Watson, and a Dak, and he’s certainly not Top 5 and may not even be top 10 yet, not even taking into account how good Purdy has looked and taking an injured Stafford out of consideration as well.

I would take Lawrence over Hurts long term, but this has gotten out of hand.

I don’t even know who or why people are bringing him up as an obvious top 3-4 QB. You wouldn’t even find many (if any) Jaguars fans saying that yet.

The whole “Chargers charger’d” I think is lazy though. Trevor had the mental toughness after throwing 4 picks and being down 27-0 in the 2nd quarter to stay even keel and keep grinding away. That’s special, regardless of how ugly the first quarter+ was.

Also, a 2nd year QB who has the talent around him that Trevor does (and after the first year grinder he was in) shouldn’t be up there with Mahomes, Butrow, or Allen yet either. Doug P and Trevor have elevated those around them in a big way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don’t even know who or why people are bringing him up as an obvious top 3-4 QB. You wouldn’t even find many (if any) Jaguars fans saying that yet.

The whole “Chargers charger’d” I think is lazy though. Trevor had the mental toughness after throwing 4 picks and being down 27-0 in the 2nd quarter to stay even keel and keep grinding away. That’s special, regardless of how ugly the first quarter+ was.

Also, a 2nd year QB who has the talent around him that Trevor does (and after the first year grinder he was in) shouldn’t be up there with Mahomes, Butrow, or Allen yet either. Doug P and Trevor have elevated those around them in a big way.

Not to mention that one of the picks was on a deflection and many of the others were defensive holding calls that a QB like Brady gets called 100% of the time

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I agree it was taken out of context.

Aaron Rodgers saying he could win another MVP was taken out of context. That's life.

But you're the one taking it out of context, and you admit to knowing this. Like...what?

• Like 1