2022 Divisional Round: Jaguars vs Chiefs

kingseanjohn

Who wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

53 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It’s not. They completely imploded and if a kicker makes a chippy and Bosa doesn’t implode they win.

Even if we lost last week, that was an insane example of short term memory from Trevor. Not many QBs come back from that - in their first playoff game no less.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

The Texans roster literally died and they had a chance to win the division in the final game. They were starting a dude off the street at QB lol

My point exactly assuming you mean the Titans. They could be back to being really good as soon as next season with better injury luck. The other teams aren't going to just sit back and meekly let the Jags rule the South for 10 years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

Ok, gonna get ripped for this but that's alright.  The Lawrence love is out of control.  He's a nice QB and I get why jags fans would be excited, but let's not act like he's been an all pro QB this year. He's been good/great the second half of this year, but that's not unique compared to the QBs left.  Has he been better than Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, or Burrow this year? Nope. He's in that middle ground with Dak, Cousins (yes Cousins), Herbert, Tua, etc...  He's had a nice second half of the season, but in the games I've watched of his (more than half), I haven't thought to myself "wow! There's only a couple guys who could do what he just did!" Maybe he'll get to that point someday, but he's firmly in that middle ground of being good enough to get by, but not a game changer similar to Kirk Cousins. Full disclosure, I would take Cousins for next year over Lawrence (though not for the next 10 years). Cousins is severely underrated and Lawrence is severely overrated. As of right now, he has not lived up to the "generational prospect" label he was given, though maybe he shouldn't have gotten that label as it was really unrealistic. The only thing Lawrence really has going for him over a guy like Cousions is that he's younger. I would also take Mahommes, Allen, Burrow, Dak, Herbert pretty easily.  Hurts, Lamar, Tua? Maybe, but I'm not big on qbs who are more of a running threat than passing. Not a fan of Murray. Wouldn't take Watson period. Maybe Rodgers and Brady for 1 year only, but probably not. I'm not trying to throw shade (I think that's the right usage) at the Jags, it just feels like Lawrence is getting a lot of credit when he hasn't really earned it.

I don't understand where takes like this originate. Are there people claiming Lawrence to be a top 5 QB?

Are you disagreeing that Lawrence is a big, and probably the main reason the Jaguars made the playoffs?

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't understand where takes like this originate. Are there people claiming Lawrence to be a top 5 QB?

Are you disagreeing that Lawrence is a big, and probably the main reason the Jaguars made the playoffs?

Nick Wright specifically argued he's undoubtedly a top 5 QB at the moment. Now, obviously he's in the hyperbole business, I get it, but none of the co-hosts argued it and I'm sure you can find the crazy outlier fans in any fanbase that will oversell their guy. Nick's argument has holes, but he does make a somewhat coherent case.

I mean, even in my TL haterade, I can acknowledge he's close enough that the thread prolly wouldn't get insta-locked.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

So because Trevor isn’t as good as super elite QBs in his second season with a journeyman WR corp…that makes him overrated? What are you even talking about? 

When did anyone say that Trevor was better than Mahomes? Nobody even said that he’s as good as Allen or Burrows. People just like his progression and his upside to get to that group. 

You literally were the one who brought up Mahomes and Peyton manning lol. 

Mahomes was the MVP of the league his first year as a starter. Yes it was reasonable for chiefs fans  to expect them to win the division again. There’s no jaguars comparison in this scenario. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

My point exactly assuming you mean the Titans. They could be back to being really good as soon as next season with better injury luck. The other teams aren't going to just sit back and meekly let the Jags rule the South for 10 years.

I meant titans 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Nick Wright specifically argued he's undoubtedly a top 5 QB at the moment. Now, obviously he's in the hyperbole business, I get it, but none of the co-hosts argued it and I'm sure you can find the crazy outlier fans in any fanbase that will oversell their guy. Nick's argument has holes, but he does make a somewhat coherent case.

I mean, even in my TL haterade, I can acknowledge he's close enough that the thread prolly wouldn't get insta-locked.

Nick wright is a loser who trolls for clicks like skip Bayless

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Pretty horrible take… he’s in his second year still developing and playing some great football. Comparing him to Kirk Cousins is laughable. Lawrence has more talent in his pinky than Cousins does in his body. Cousins lacks a lot of natural talent and will never have any chance to match the elite QB’s. Lawrence has the tools to he in that group sooner rather than later. 

Pretty horrible response to be honest... Kinda proves my point on how people view both Cousins and Lawrence. Saying that right now Cousins is a better QB doesn't mean that Lawrence won't be a better player down the road or can't be elite, it's just saying that right now he's not. I also didn't say that Cousins is elite or that he could match the elite.

What "natural talent" does Cousins lack? If you're talking about athleticism, yeah, he's certainly not as athletic but neither was Tom Brady. And no, I'm not saying anybody is Brady only that he was never viewed as having "natural talent" physically and he turned out ok.

8 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

You literally were the one who brought up Mahomes and Peyton manning lol. 

Mahomes was the MVP of the league his first year as a starter. Yes it was reasonable for chiefs fans  to expect them to win the division again. There’s no jaguars comparison in this scenario. 

Nobody is comparing Lawrence to Mahomes! Sheesh. We are comparing the optimism of a fan base of Lawrence to that of Mahomes. I was responding to someone saying that there is no certainty to Lawrence will be back to the playoffs. That’s objectively stupid. I’m sorry…but teams with good coaches with good QBs find a way back. Show me a QB who is Lawrence’s class that doesn’t find a way back. 

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

Nick Wright doesn't belive anything he says- he is another Acho who just trolls for attention

30 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Nobody is comparing Lawrence to Mahomes! Sheesh. We are comparing the optimism of a fan base of Lawrence to that of Mahomes. I was responding to someone saying that there is no certainty to Lawrence will be back to the playoffs. That’s objectively stupid. I’m sorry…but teams with good coaches with good QBs find a way back. Show me a QB who is Lawrence’s class that doesn’t find a way back. 

Matt Stafford made 3 post season appearances before switching teams. Rivers had early success then had one playoff berth in almost a decade. Obviously Herbert has struggled so far. Derek Carr. Lawrence is currently closer to any if these guys than he is to Mahomes.

Never making it back is probably a stretch, given that QBs tend to play a long time. But Lawrence is not yet the level of QB whose existence basically guarantees a playoff berth. And the Jags don't have that level of roster yet either. If anyone in the AFC South had their **** together, they may not even have made it this year, given their record.

I like Lawrence, but I do think people are applying their pre draft beliefs in him to him in the NFL now that he has had a bit of success. It's okay to say he improved this year but still needs to improve further. It's okay to say rebounding from 4 picks is something a lesser QB would not have done, while also admitting that throwing 4 picks is something a better QB would not have done. Like, you won't find a game like that on the resume of Rodgers or Allen or Mahomes....because they've never thrown 4 picks in one game.

• Like 3