What our Oline should have looked like

RT-Should have been Morgan Moses we let him walk because the front office thought we could go cheaper or we drafted Cosmi not sure if that was why we let him go but I will say this was a mistake

RG-Scherff wanted to go and do you blame him but I would have worked hard to keep him again I blame the from office and coaches on this but, in my opinion Cosmi can play this position for a lot cheaper price (rookie contract) unfortunately he right now in injury prone

C- Has been a revolving door and I will have to say that we need to draft or find a young FA no older that 25

LG-Ereck Flowers I don't know what Rons beef with this guy was because in my opinion better that what we had on the roster and as of right now he is still a FA

LT- Last but no least the All Pro and future Hall of Famer and right now the best Left Tackle in the game Trent Williams now I know he will not give you a full 17 games but compared to the revolving door Leno who will play 17 games each season I would rather take Trent 10 out of 10.  At best Leno is a swing tackle just like Lucas.

So in short our coaches (Ron) front office and our hopefully former owner let us all down.  PLEASE SALE our team and get competent people back in the building I miss those days in the worst way

Edited by Legend_Kenny4ever
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

RT-Should have been Morgan Moses we let him walk because the front office thought we could go cheaper or we drafted Cosmi not sure if that was why we let him go but I will say this was a mistake

RG-Scherff wanted to go and do you blame him but I would have worked hard to keep him again I blame the from office and coaches on this but, in my opinion Cosmi can play this position for a lot cheaper price (rookie contract) unfortunately he right now in injury pronean

C- Has been a revolving door and I will have to say that we need to draft or find a young FA no older that 25

LG-Ereck Flowers I don't know what Rons beef with this guy was because in my opinion better that what we had on the roster and as of right now he is still a FA

LT- Last but no least the All Pro and future Hall of Famer and right now the best Left Tackle in the game Trent Williams now I

That would have been an excellent line.

I think we can overhaul our line in 1 off season, if we're smart about it.

Going with Sam Howell as QB #1, will save a lot of cap in upgrading our line.

I would resign Payne & pour a bunch of resources in our line.

Sign a stud in FA

Trade for one using our 2nd round pick, if one becomes available. (Maybe a young guy on the last yr of his rookie contract a team is willing to trade)

Draft one in the 1st Rd, if one drops to us @16.

That could get us 3 possibly young studs across our line in 1 off season.

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Sign a stud in FA

Trade for one using our 2nd round pick, if one becomes available. (Maybe a young guy on the last yr of his rookie contract a team is willing to trade)

I am all for it I just hope that Ron and the coaches follow through because at best all we have are back ups

I disagree that Leno is a swing tackle. He's a much better player than Lucas. I think going from Samuels to Williams we really didn't have to worry about LT play for nearly 20 years. Basically from one elite tackle to the next. Leno is average and on par with what most of the league has at the position. He will get beat by the best edge rushers but he's not a bad player. 

• Like 4

On 1/16/2023 at 12:22 AM, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

RG-Scherff wanted to go and do you blame him but I would have worked hard to keep him again I blame the from office and coaches on this but, in my opinion Cosmi can play this position for a lot cheaper price (rookie contract) unfortunately he right now in injury prone

LT- Last but no least the All Pro and future Hall of Famer and right now the best Left Tackle in the game Trent Williams now I know he will not give you a full 17 games but compared to the revolving door Leno who will play 17 games each season I would rather take Trent 10 out of 10.  At best Leno is a swing tackle just like Lucas.

So in short our coaches (Ron) front office and our hopefully former owner let us all down.  PLEASE SALE our team and get competent people back in the building I miss those days in the worst way

The only place I disagree is Brandon Scherff, like Kirk Cousins, Scherff showed the front office he wasn’t going to re-sign here by turning down every deal they offered him. So, just like with Kirk in 2017 (Gruden said the 49ers offered us the #2 pick overall but Dan/Bruce turned it down) the front office should’ve traded Scherff in 2020 for at worst a 2nd round pick after we franchised him. 

Our 2022 OL should’ve been:

LT: Trent Williams

LG: Ereck Flowers

C : Roullier/Larsen/Wes S.

RG: Wes S/Trai Turner or guard we drafted after we traded Scherff in 2020

RT: Moses

On 1/16/2023 at 1:56 PM, lavar703 said:

I disagree that Leno is a swing tackle. He's a much better player than Lucas. I think going from Samuels to Williams we really didn't have to worry about LT play for nearly 20 years. Basically from one elite tackle to the next. Leno is average and on par with what most of the league has at the position. He will get beat by the best edge rushers but he's not a bad player. 

Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

On 1/16/2023 at 12:32 AM, aceinthehouse said:

Sign a stud in FA

I too think we can sure up our OL in one season. As @lavar703 said, which Leno obviously isn’t Chris Samuel or Trent Williams, Leno is a top half of the league LT.  So, I see no need to replace him unless the OL we take in R1 or 2 is better than Leno right away which is possible, but unlikely.

We really just have to focus on improving the interior of our OL & deciding if we want Cosmi to be a RG or RT, I can go either way on that, I lead more towards RG for Cosmi while drafting Parris Johnson or Broderick Jones in R1 to be our starting RT next year but one of those 2 that we draft can compete with Cosmi for the starting RT position & then the other one can be our starting RG.

I think we have to draft a center in round 2, 3 or 4 to compete with Roullier who is retain on a restructured contract where he can earn his full salary but it’s converted to bonuses that he gets for games played like the way Heinicke did. 

Sadly, I think Ron is going to stick with Norwell at LG even though I wouldn’t do that myself. 

I also think we should re-sign Wes S & Tyler Larsen. We were 6-1 w/ Tyler Larsen as our starting C last year. Maybe that means something, maybe it doesn’t, but I like those odds either way.

LT: Leno, Lucas

LG: Norwell, Saahdiq Charles, Chris Paul

C : Roullier, Larsen, Ricky Stromberg (R4)

RG: Cosmi, Wes S.

RT: Parris Johnson or Broderick Jones (R1)