Playoffs Week #2 - vs Jacksonville

onejayhawk

Trevor Lawrence has been looking vaguely like Mahomes during the championship run. You cannot get them down far enough. That said, we played them in game #9 and had a wire to wire 27-17 win. Mahomes had an MVP kind of game--300 yards and 4 TD.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap/_/gameId/401437835

The opening line is more than a TD difference--9 points is what I saw--which seems a lot. Still, as long as they are +1 on the scoreboard, I'll take it.

Weather is forecast to be perfect football weather--40s with light winds.

Edited by onejayhawk

Someone things we're pretty good. Chiefs ranked 1st among remaining eight teams.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-power-rankings-2023-playoffs/y4ekaiqep4junvfhiydffojj

Winning the game would mean a 5th straight AFC Championship game. Thid would tie for 2nd longest since the merger with the 1970s Raiders. The pats hold the record with eight.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/1/16/23557174/nfl-playoffs-chiefs-jaguars-divisional-round-scores-game-coverage-injury-updates-preview

28 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Shows you how good he was with Seattle. Unfortunately it didn't carry over to KC, IMO

In 3 years in Seattle, Clark played in 5 playoff games for a total of 3 sacks.

In 3 years in KC, he has played in 9 playoff games for a total of 8 sacks. (5 in 2019, 3 in 2020, 0 in 2021)

The NFL record is 16 by Willie McGinest followed by Bruce Smith(14.5), Terrell Suggs(12.5), Reggie White(12), and finally Clark along with 5 others at 11.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Certainly a case of "what have you done for me lately?"

He was good this year. Cleaning up his diet and controlling the alcohol made a big difference. 

I know there are those who hate on Clark but we probably would not have won the Super Bowl without him. If for nothing else he deserves some loyalty.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

He was good this year. Cleaning up his diet and controlling the alcohol made a big difference. 

I know there are those who hate on Clark but we probably would not have won the Super Bowl without him. If for nothing else he deserves some loyalty.

We almost definitely wouldn't have won without him. That's the one redeeming factor of that signing. Honestly, Dee Ford was probably a better edge rusher for us overall than Clark, but Dee Ford lost us a playoff game while Frank Clark closed them out.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

We almost definitely wouldn't have won without him. That's the one redeeming factor of that signing. Honestly, Dee Ford was probably a better edge rusher for us overall than Clark, but Dee Ford lost us a playoff game while Frank Clark closed them out.

Dee Ford's great 2018 season will forever be underrated because of that one mistake. He finished 2018 with 13 sacks, 13 TFL, 29 QB Hits, and 7 FF. It's a shame he couldn't ever stay healthy.