Playoffs Week #2 - vs Jacksonville

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

I've heard that if KC and Buffalo win, the AFC championship game is in ATLANTA.......Whatttttt?

Buffalo gets rewarded for not completing their Cincy game?

It's an awkward solution, but I get it. Had Buffalo won, it would be in Buffalo. Had Cincy won, it would be in KC. This splits the difference. We still got the bye, which I would argue is more important anyway.

A few things to watch:

• Reid's opening plays. If the Chiefs score quickly it changes the game
  • Crowd noise. Trevor Lawrence talked up the Jacksonville crowd but many took it as a slap at Arrowhead's famous volume.
  • Matching up with the WR. This is on both sides. Hardman may be out but JuJu, MVS, Toney and Skyy are available. Lawrence's main threat is Kirk out of the slot. Will Sneed play slot and leave the outside WR to the rookies?
  • Pass rush and scrambling. Both teams can bring it and both QB can move. The Chiefs have by far the better OL.
  • Who is ready to go at kickoff. In their championship run, the Chiefs were often late to show up. Jacksonville is a bad team to get behind but also hard to protect a lead against.

15 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I've heard that if KC and Buffalo win, the AFC championship game is in ATLANTA.......Whatttttt?

Buffalo gets rewarded for not completing their Cincy game?

I would be more annoyed if I didn't hear about Lamar Hunt's proposal to have all Championship games on neutral fields and create an entire other weekend of Superbowl type weeks.