Rebuild, Reload....redo? 2023 Offseason Discussion

gopherwrestler

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

What would Kendricks trade value be to a 4-3 team? At this point I'd take another dart to throw at the board, even if it is a 7th rounder. I know they could wait until he's cut but why not cough up a 5th, 6th, or 7th rounder to ensure you get him.

Probably his contract. I’m sure his contract now will be higher than what he’s get as a free agent. Would require a team with a lot of cap space that is willing to take on an overpaid LB. 

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Probably his contract. I’m sure his contract now will be higher than what he’s get as a free agent. Would require a team with a lot of cap space that is willing to take on an overpaid LB. 

Or for the Vikings to eat some salary. 

10 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

There’s a difference in the generation now soft to the back in the day soft. 

I guess now when I saw soft I’m just talking about the style of play. Just have some “Pee and Vinegar” under yourself. 
Kendricks just never exactly had that. 

It’s just a play style. You see it in certain players. Eagles, 49ers are just 2 of the teams that have plenty of them. 

He’s just a soft and sensitive dude. This defense needs a mean streak in them. 

10 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

He’s just a soft and sensitive dude. This defense needs a mean streak in them. 

That would be great if the defense could find someone that fits the bill, but with the general pussification of society that would be a challenge.  The Vikings are going to have to learn to win with the young people available to them.  People from the time where men were men are too old to be of any use on the field.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

That would be great if the defense could find someone that fits the bill, but with the general pussification of society that would be a challenge.  

if only we had someone to look up, to set the tone for others. we need... a... a... sort of... a... Grabber in Chief. you know, a real man.

*sarcasm off now*

good gawd, man, you write some of the stupidest things here. we're a football forum, not a garbage can for socio-political whinings.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I would just release/cut Kendrick’s and move on. We’re not getting any pick with eating alot of the contract, which then makes cutting the better option

All options can and should obviously be explored by Kwesi. The release/cut option is always there.

If a team thinks EK54 can provide value they can rework his contract.

I recognize that I'm likely wrong and he'll most likely be released rather than traded. 

I'm probably not the best judge, since I'm biased towards Kendricks and find it immensely silly to call him soft and sensitive.  

Chicago Bears running back David Montgomery (32) carries the ball against Minnesota Vikings linebackers Eric Kendricks (54) and Jordan Hicks (58) during the second half of an NFL football game in Minneapolis

As I've indicated, I think a hell of a lot more of him than I do Hicks...and I was probably his biggest defender here early in his career when people were indicating that he was a bust and they shouldn't even consider giving him a second contract.  He just went to have several near All-Pro seasons after that, finally getting one in 2019.  I'm personally in favor of extending him another year or 2 to finish out his career, giving him more time in the 3-4 scheme and help groom Asamoah (who is basically physically the same as him).  Like I indicated yesterday, I only think he looked slow because of his unfamiliarity with what he was being asked to do, and not because he was slowing down physically.  I think if they can get a DC who can adjust the scheme enough to cater to the players' strengths, then we'll see more success out of him.  

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Calling Kendricks soft or sensitive is hilarious from a bunch of people typing on their phones or computers. 

Kendricks has always been a finesse player. He’s never been the downhill brute that gets associated with a 3-4 inside linebacker.

And I see the future of the ILBs getting smaller to combat the speed on the offensive side of the ball.