Rebuild, Reload....redo? 2023 Offseason Discussion

gopherwrestler

38 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Sounds like it is only a matter of time before we lose McCardell to an OC position.

I know it is a long shot but if we could get Leftwich on staff that would be great. Vikings would be wise to take advantage of the newer rule regarding comp picks for losing minority candidates to HC/GM positions. I just highly doubt that Leftwich would take less than an OC job next season.

If  Wes leaves at some point maybe. MCardall will replace him and eventually get a head coaching job.

Sounds like there is a good chance for getting the comp picks eventually from the defensive coordinator that we hire 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Sounds like it is only a matter of time before we lose McCardell to an OC position.

unless.... no other team bites on him this year, and he has to settle for anothe year of mentoring Jefferson and the accolades that come with that.

we can only hope.

12 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

pretty annoying to see Tomlinson listed as IDL #1 lol. He'll probably get priced out of what the Vikings want to spend to bring him back.

It doesn't surprise me looking at that list.  Couple age with performance, it's no wonder he's #1.  He's been in the league 7 years and still will only be 29 next month.     

Edited by swede700

2 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Would it make sense for the Vikings to do a player for player trade involving Ezra Cleveland to a LT-needy team for a decent starting guard?  After all, isn't he really a LT and not a guard?  Just throwing that out there.

He played Tackle in college but his game seems suited to play inside.

5 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Would it make sense for the Vikings to do a player for player trade involving Ezra Cleveland to a LT-needy team for a decent starting guard?  After all, isn't he really a LT and not a guard?  Just throwing that out there.

He hasn’t played tackle in years and never in the nfl. No one knows if he’s any good there and that unknown won’t get the Vikings anything decent back. 

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

He played Tackle in college but his game seems suited to play inside.

I disagree. He’s light and athletic, and is better suited to tackle. He doesn’t have the strength and base to be a standout guard. He really struggled in pass pro in the 2nd half. He gave up 3rd most pressures in the NFL for interior lineman.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

He’s never played tackle at the NFL level, so I’d be shocked if a team would trade for him for that purpose.