2023 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I love this because we're not losing any pieces we started the year with, but we're now acknowledging we have to completely rebuild the entire room lol whatever. It is what it is.

?

Kinda confused on what you’d want him to say there. He literally said “that will be a new room” and “we’ll be adding a lot of pieces” haha. Don’t think you could make a more definitive statement about how we’re going to completely overhaul WR this offseason

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

?

Kinda confused on what you’d want him to say there. He literally said “that will be a new room” and “we’ll be adding a lot of pieces” haha. Don’t think you could make a more definitive statement about how we’re going to completely overhaul WR this offseason

I just wanted him to take some accountability for how bad the WR room was and that never happened. 

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just wanted him to take some accountability for how bad the WR room was and that never happened. 

That quote I posted was Harbaugh, not EDC. Hard to take accountability when you’re handed garbage and the few non garbage players get injured lol

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Interesting takeaway from the press conference, the way EDC spoke of Ben Powers, it seems very unlikely we will try to re-sign him. Making LG a higher priority, unless we want to let Mekari start there, but then we are lacking depth at both LT AND LG.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them role with falele as the back up at both tackle spots. I know he was a little shaky when he was at LT but he’s massive(reminds me a little of Orlando brown) and I don’t recall him being horrible when he played.

Guard seems like it would be natural for Cleveland to be the top backup. Or they plug Cleveland in and have mekari as the back up everywhere again. He’s very valuable in that aspect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Interesting takeaway from the press conference, the way EDC spoke of Ben Powers, it seems very unlikely we will try to re-sign him. Making LG a higher priority, unless we want to let Mekari start there, but then we are lacking depth at both LT AND LG.

I'm fine with Mekari starting. He's good. Or at least good enough. A left side consisting of Stanley/Mekari/Linderbaum isn't the most physically imposing but that's alright. Getting somebody in that could backup or be a future starter at left guard would be good though. Not sure Cleveland is the guy on that side. He seems far more comfortable on the right. 

• Like 1

I don't like Roman, but I don't pin all of our FA WR issues on him. Lamar's inconsistent outside accuracy and lack of interest in tight window throws due to his elite running ability are limiters on potential production for WRs. Everyone knows this, including the WRs who turned down more money here for less elsewhere. 

A little too often Lamar gets painted as this totally blameless participant in everything that goes on. Obviously there's the complicated contract situation and regression he dealt with this year, but I feel like as a leader at the most important position he could've acted in more beneficial ways too. He's liking a bunch of tweets sh*t talking Roman right now, but if this dude had voiced all this stuff earlier to Harbs and Biscotti we could've been rid of Roman much earlier. Also with him knowing our struggles to bring in WR talent, being a passive onlooker as his friend and one of our two high end WRs demanded a trade- has started to rub me the wrong way. 

Forget the Hollywood vs Linderbaum dynamic. Does anyone think Ray Lewis would just stand by as one of his best friends and one of our most valuable defensive assets demands a trade(supposedly due to not liking our scheme)?..... Or would he get the coordinator fired and convince his friend to stick around? Just some food for thought. I want Lamar here long term, and not as some passive social media leader but as an active and forceful center to our universe like Ray Lewis was.

On the OC front, I'm far from convinced Harbaugh brings in anyone good. An elite OC in today's NFL would equal an asset much more valuable than our current HC and essentially a one year rental or replacement threat to Harbaugh who won't being willing to risk his position at 61 years old. Expect some older retread who has a personal relationship with Harbaugh. So on that front John being back is meh, but I feel more encouraged about us extending Lamar now. If we were moving on from Jackson I think Biscotti would pair a new Rookie QB with a fresh coaching staff.

• Like 1

If we really want to flesh out this WR room with high end talent Biscotti needs to give EDC the green light on bringing in players with lesser character at the position imo.

Obviously not the true head case type dudes, but stuff like this is almost normal at the position-

It's already hard to find WR talent when you aren't picking Top 10 or consistently burning early round lotto tickets on prospects at the position, but our character standards hurt us well. Like Pickens most likely wasn't even on our board because of his character flags in college and a guy like Elijah Moore would be awesome to trade for... but we probably won't because he's yelling at coaches and throwing tantrums.

Clearly the position attracts these personality types and going out of your way to find 'red star' players at the spot ultimately doesn't create a WR room up to standard- as we've seen..... repeatedly. 

Bateman, Duvernay, Andrews, Likely, Kolar, and Dobbins/Edwards all seem like high character options within this offense. I think the team can handle fielding a couple guys on that side of the ball who aren't exactly boy scouts. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

RT depth moving forward should be Faalele, he should be ready to go. TCC and Cleveland could be our depth along the interior. Mekari could start or be depth as well. I think the room could use another guy, but could probably get by with a mid round addition that’s a swing LT/OG option for sure.

• Like 1

Mullen is a solid reclamation project. Had some decent stretches in LV and fits that big press boundary mold we look for, still just 25 YO. Could stick as a bottom of the roster depth piece next year depending on the other additions at CB in 23'.