2023 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

Fine with it. Desean Jackson still held value at like 40 years old because he carried the juice our WR core was missing once our top guys went down. This is a bottom of the position room addition that gives us a higher floor at WR. 

30 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Fine with it. Desean Jackson still held value at like 40 years old because he carried the juice our WR core was missing once our top guys went down. This is a bottom of the position room addition that gives us a higher floor at WR. 

If only that we’re our front offices mindset lol… We no doubt need depth at receiver but we need starters more.. We’re just cheap when it comes to offensive skill position players… Every major trade or big money free agent signing of any significance in the history of this team has been on defense except Anquan Boldin… That was cool when the defense was carrying the offense to wins and all our best players were drafted defensive stalwarts… Our best player has been Lamar Jackson for at least 4 years and we haven’t chose to support him the way we did when our best players were Ray and Ed… think about it we’re trying to recreate the past instead evolving into the future… We have been decent over the years but we haven’t been no dynasty to where we have a proven formula to ultimate success… it’s bs and I’m angry about it… I’m a ravens for life so I’ll eventually get over it but darn… if we rebuilding just say that… lol

I'm not convinced Roman was the only reason we had problems signing high end or even tier two FA WRs. IMO Lamar is a significant factor and I still don't see us netting any talent above WR3/4 level through any other way than by trade or early round draft selection.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I'm not convinced Roman was the only reason we had problems signing high end or even tier two FA WRs. IMO Lamar is a significant factor and I still don't see us netting any talent above WR3/4 level through any other way than by trade or early round draft selection.

Getting wide receivers in free agency has always been high cost, low reward. We don't spend enough time talking about how bad most of these look on review. Only the tier 1 guys who cost a 1st+ AND a massive contract have worked in the veteran market. But there's a lot more terrible values like Allen Robinson or Claypool.

The WR problem is that none of the early to mid draft picks we've spent (and we have been spending them recently) have been plus selections.

Edited by wackywabbit

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Getting wide receivers in free agency has always been high cost, low reward. We don't spend enough time talking about how bad most of these look on review. Only the tier 1 guys who cost a 1st+ AND a massive contract have worked in the veteran market. But there's a lot more terrible values like Allen Robinson or Claypool.

Yea there were fans here and all over other social media who insisted us not winning the bidding war for Kenny Golladay a couple years back was the equivalent of us sacrificing the season. FA is not where you build a top flight WR room

12 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The WR problem is that none of the early to mid draft picks we've spent (and we have been spending them recently) have been plus selections.

Guys like Bateman and Duvernay are fine, they just need to stay healthy. Our hit rate at the position has actually improved but there's been too much turnover due to injury and situations like Marquise Brown.

It's not a good draft for WR talent, but I'm still not concerned about us being able to field talented pass catchers in 23'. Once the Lamar situation is more clear, a trade shouldn't shock anyone either. Evans, Hopkins, Davis, etc. 

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Guys like Bateman and Duvernay are fine, they just need to stay healthy. Our hit rate at the position has actually improved but there's been too much turnover due to injury and situations like Marquise Brown.

It's not a good draft for WR talent, but I'm still not concerned about us being able to field talented pass catchers in 23'. Once the Lamar situation is more clear, a trade shouldn't shock anyone either. Evans, Hopkins, Davis, etc. 

I’m sticking with my WR prediction from a few months back, that being a trade for Mike Evans after the 6/1 deadline, it doesn’t make sense for them to move him before then considering the cap ramifications for TB.

And that now pairs pretty well with around the time we should begin to have more clarity on this Lamar situation.

Also with the WR trade market (Hopkins pending), we might be able to acquire Evans for what it took to get Boldin (two thirds). Dude plays like a Raven and considering your point (I think it was you) who mentioned that we’ve had a “body type” we were infatuated with at WR in terms of prospects we’ve been evaluating, Evans while older would fit that bill.

19 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

This. The only massive improvement from WRs this offseason was going to come from a trade. 

• Like 1

If we can add a veteran and/or a rookie, then that’s at least a competent WR room.. and I can be good with Agholor on that front- someone that ensures the bottom doesn’t fall out like last year.

Something like:
WR1- Mike Evans
WR2- Rashod Bateman
WR3- Devin Duvernay
WR4- Nelson Agholor
WR5- Rakim Jarrett

OR

WR1- Rashod Bateman
WR2- Marvin Mims
WR3- Devin Duvernay
WR4- Nelson Agholor
WR5- AT Perry

14 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m sticking with my WR prediction from a few months back, that being a trade for Mike Evans after the 6/1 deadline, it doesn’t make sense for them to move him before then considering the cap ramifications for TB.

And that now pairs pretty well with around the time we should begin to have more clarity on this Lamar situation.

Also with the WR trade market (Hopkins pending), we might be able to acquire Evans for what it took to get Boldin (two thirds). Dude plays like a Raven and considering your point (I think it was you) who mentioned that we’ve had a “body type” we were infatuated with at WR in terms of prospects we’ve been evaluating, Evans while older would fit that bill.

Black Widow Avengers GIF

• Like 1