Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys

J-ALL-DAY

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The last five times we have made the playoffs, we have made it at least to the NFCCG. Let's see if we can make it six for six.

2011 - NFCCG

2012- SB

2013 - NFCCG

2019 - SB

2021 - NFCCG

2022 - ?

This is unfortunately the year we make it to the SB...................and lose 😥.

If the Niners get to the SB they can win as long as it's not the Bills/Chiefs. They can handle the Jags/Bengals.

And btw the reason why none of those above mentioned seasons didn't end in a SB win is b/c of subpar QB play in each of those respective losses. 

42 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

If the Niners get to the SB they can win as long as it's not the Bills/Chiefs. They can handle the Jags/Bengals.

And btw the reason why none of those above mentioned seasons didn't end in a SB win is b/c of subpar QB play in each of those respective losses. 

Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The last five times we have made the playoffs, we have made it at least to the NFCCG. Let's see if we can make it six for six.

2011 - NFCCG

2012- SB

2013 - NFCCG

2019 - SB

2021 - NFCCG

2022 - ?

This is unfortunately the year we make it to the SB...................and lose 😥.

Sixth times the charm. Especially when you're questing for six. lol 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NFL Network said:

Colin K wasn't the reason the 49ers lost Super Bowl 47. He actually had a great game overall even with the INT. The defense giving up 34 points to Joe Flacco is what did the squad in. 

The better QB in the SB doesn't always come out on top. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 49erscap said:

I love it, the NFL guys on ESPN's This Just In, basically all in on Dak & Dallas LMAO, good, I want to be seen as the underdogs, no one giving Brock credit for anything, just a product of Kyle's system basically is what they're saying, I have SF winning.

The ESPN NFL Live studio was like a funeral last year when the 49ers beat the Cowboys in Dallas. Marcus Spears, Mina Kimes, and I can't remember who else was there, but everyone seemed despondent on set, while trying to do commentary on the game. Kind of funny, but kind of pathetic as slated professionals. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NFL Network said:

Ok lets say the Niners run game gets stuffed and it keeps bringing up 3rd & long? Then what do they do b/c then the Cowboys are gonna get pressure on Purdy and force him to make mistakes. With that being said what is the contingency plan if the running game is not working? I don't think having Brock throw it every down is a recipe for success. I'm praying for the defense & special teams to steal the game like they did last year in Lambeau. 

Any QB in that situation, that odds will be against them. Especially in the playoffs. 

If Shanahan can't run the ball with the best roster he's ever had, and everyone healthy at home, then he just got out-coached. 

7 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The ESPN NFL Live studio was like a funeral last year when the 49ers beat the Cowboys in Dallas. Marcus Spears, Mina Kimes, and I can't remember who else was there, but everyone seemed despondent on set, while trying to do commentary on the game. Kind of funny, but kind of pathetic as slated professionals. 

I really would love to shut up Marcus Spears, just beat the Cowboys down so badly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 49erscap said:

I really would love to shut up Marcus Spears, just beat the Cowboys down so badly.

Dude… think there are a TON of people out there pulling for your football team and giving them a ton of respect. Meanwhile as a Cowboys fan I’m used to everyone being ready to break out into a big celebration any time the team loses… the hate is real. A large population of people were expecting Dallas to implode against Tampa of all teams. They typically face quite a lot of detractors and criticism. 

The Niners are very arguably the best team in football right now, and they’re favorites in this matchup. Cowboys are looking to slay a giant in this one. Think they have the talent to pull it off but it’s going to be very difficult. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

25 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Dude… think there are a TON of people out there pulling for your football team and giving them a ton of respect. Meanwhile as a Cowboys fan I’m used to everyone being ready to break out into a big celebration any time the team loses… the hate is real. A large population of people were expecting Dallas to implode against Tampa of all teams. They typically face quite a lot of detractors and criticism. 

The Niners are very arguably the best team in football right now, and they’re favorites in this matchup. Cowboys are looking to slay a giant in this one. Think they have the talent to pull it off but it’s going to be very difficult. 

NFL memes is a distinctly anti Dallas account and it'll have some good ones if you lose lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 49erscap said:

I love it, the NFL guys on ESPN's This Just In, basically all in on Dak & Dallas LMAO, good, I want to be seen as the underdogs, no one giving Brock credit for anything, just a product of Kyle's system basically is what they're saying, I have SF winning.

1. We are not the underdogs by Vegas and by the amount of folks picking us over Dallas.

2. NFL Live was actually all 49ers and the 21 personnel. They gave high praise and were saying they don't know how Dallas can stop this offense.

As fans, we have to not get emotional every time a TV head applauds the opposing team. The Cowboys are REALLY REALLY freaking good and talented. They are scoring 32 PPG for the last 10 or so weeks and have a fearsome pass rush. This game is not going to be easy by any means. When you have two high level teams facing off, you will get differing opinions....as you should. Let's just sit back and enjoy the show as it is going to be a good one! Well, I will be VERY nervous throughout the game but hopefully afterwards I can go back and watch the game with no stress and enjoy it...That is if we win. If we lose? Yeah, never watching the game over lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I hope normal playoff Bosa shows up in this one. If he doesn't, that could be rough

It's actually not so much about Bosa as it is about our interior rush this game. Bosa is going to do what he does 99% of the time...That is a given. But the Commanders interior rush just destroyed the Cowboys OL and was a big reason for why Dak was so bad. Armstead is going to need the type of game he had against the Packers in last season's divisional round. Then hopefully Givens gets a shot to rush from the interior. I know the team has been making Jackson inactive lately but I think you have to play him some this game and hope his speed can win a few reps against Peters. This is a game where if we have the lead, we need a strong pass rush to hold the lead and get the ball back to the offense. No need to make active another interior DL. 

9 hours ago, 49erscap said:

I've actually seen quite a few former cowboys be fairly complimentary/respectful including Spears of the Niners this week. I'm not used to that lol. 

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxftYsBOEzqMlvv7YLj7_zdqYducMCmJd8

I'm actually more salty about Greenburg's assertion that the niners haven't played anyone of which he includes Tampa, but then everyone is so excited about Dallas because they beat Tampa on the road. *does not compute*

• Like 3

One thing this team has going for itself is how mentally tough it is. You can beat them but they are generally well coached and do not panic when things aren't going their way. It's very similar to the Harbaugh teams of the early 2010s and the Legion of Boom teams. Even if the Cowboys jump out to a lead, Shanny will right the ship right soon afterwards. They key is going to be not having to put Purdy in a position where he has to make plays on his own late in the game. That's where he and the team can be vulnerable. One difference between this defense and the one from 2021 is that this one takes the ball away from opposing offenses, especially in the 2nd half. Having a 7-10 point lead at halftime would be super clutch and allow the back end to make a big play or two...I'm looking at you Hufanga, time to come away with a big time INT like you were doing at the beginning of the season. 

15 hours ago, NFL Network said:

You're joking, right? 

Gore ripped off a huge run late in the 4th Q to get them down to the 7 yard line with a little over 2 min to go in the game. We had 4 cracks at the endzone inside the 10 yard line and Roman calls all passing plays. Not a single zone read or rushing attempt for Gore. Roman's terrible play calling in a situation set up for us to win the game is what lost it. 

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 1