Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys

J-ALL-DAY

I re-watched some of the game last night before going to sleep as I just could not fall asleep lol...And my goodness is Trent Williams GREAT. Like we all know he is, but this dude is different level special. Parsons tried him at the start of the game and may have had a win here or there but really he had no chance against Williams and quickly realized going up against McGlinchey is much easier. Shanny adjusted by chipping him with Juice or Kittle and did some other things to block him but Williams was erasing everyone in his sight. I have no idea how many elite seasons this man has but I am confident that he can play for another 5-6 seasons if he wants to. Will a SB ring make him retire at the duration of the contract? Possibly but I am not taking for granted what I see from him week in and week out. 

• Like 1

Saw someone make a joke that Purdy handled the pressure well, and didn't get rattled because he was already used to running for his life for 4 years behind Iowa State's hideious offensive lines. Speaking in jest or not, I want that logic to stand. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

So Kyle said the big pass to Kittle in the 3rd quarter was not actually designed but Kittle found a hole in the zone and Purdy let it rip. I think this was largely a Jimmy G type of offensive game but THAT play is one he probably does not even attempt. Purdy is not afraid to take risks and is always looking to make big plays if they are there. I think that along with his mobility is the big difference between this postseason run compared to our 2019 and 2021 runs. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Damn, trending on Twitter:

Trade Dak

And

Dak is not

Lol

They are where we were with Jimmy. Good QB with some flaws that will cost your team at the wrong time. Too many wtf moments. Dak is what he is. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Kyle said the big pass to Kittle in the 3rd quarter was not actually designed but Kittle found a hole in the zone and Purdy let it rip. I think this was largely a Jimmy G type of offensive game but THAT play is one he probably does not even attempt. Purdy is not afraid to take risks and is always looking to make big plays if they are there. I think that along with his mobility is the big difference between this postseason run compared to our 2019 and 2021 runs. 

And that play was a big momentum swing. Without that it's still only 2nd and 10, but we were on our own 21 and possibly don't go ahead 16-9 on the drive without George's heroics

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm fairly certain Olson called that during the game. He just got lost out there and threw up his hand and Purdy made the play. Kittle said the same thing post game.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just a special player man, so lucky to have him on this team. Really can argue he is THE best player in the league right now.

He had other comparable reps against Lawrence and others all game. 1 of 1. 

It's crazy that he's 34

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's crazy that he's 34

Honestly, we just saw Whitworth play at an high level in his late 30s and have seen others do the same. The thing is, it just comes down to how much longer Williams wants to continue to train at this level and to this extent because he is a great technician while being a supreme athlete. Even if his athleticism drops a bit, he's still going to be a very good player.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems weird for a team Twitter account to call out a player like that in their tweet

Ouch. Kind of like those locker room post game videos that zeroed in on McG after Kyle saying something....?

Also, if the 'boys could play a clean game, might they have won?! Didn't they kind of give us that TD with holding calls twice on that drive? Sloppy, undisciplined play. Is that on the staff also or just the players?  🧐 

Grateful for the win, but we better play and scheme better next week!

• Like 1

I swear to God, if Hufanga learns how to properly tackle someone, he's going to be great. I mean, he needs to stop guessing so much on the backend in coverage, but his almost-big plays are so frustrating. Luckily, he has a great team around him that clean up the play behind him, but damn man, he has a chance to be so freaking special. 

• Like 3