Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I hope that damned radio host is happy.  He wished an injury on McCaffery and then CMC got what looked like a calf cramp.  Hope it isn't plantar faciatis(sp), but better now than earlier in the year.

He said that he's fine after the game. I wouldn't lose sleep over it. I'm pretty confident he'll be good to go by next Sunday. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I hope that damned radio host is happy.  He wished an injury on McCaffery and then CMC got what looked like a calf cramp.  Hope it isn't plantar faciatis(sp), but better now than earlier in the year.

One way to look at the Pollard injury is karma for that. My brother swears that Dallas wins if they have a healthy Pollard for the rest of that game. Zeke is nothing more than a way overpaid (worse) Jamaal Williams 

• Like 2

One thing I love about Purdy is his willingness to just throw the ball away. With Jimmy we had a bunch of drive killing sacks and INTs forced to double coverage.. Brock just tosses it away (after some scrambling of course) and moves on to the next play

• Like 3

The Cowboys came in with some really smart offensive formations.  They stacked all of their receivers to one side, then left a TE on Ward's side as a blocker.  You could tell the team did not prepare for this, as Ward wasn't a confident extra back side unblocked +1 kinda dude.  Each time the cowboys used formation to get him out of coverage, he looked lost.  

They had LB's on WR's all day in the slot as a result.  It makes me wonder why the team did not counter, and left their defensive formation balanced.  Theoretically, we would switch CWard with Hufanga, have Cward on TE or in zone, then have Huf as the end guy.  or have Greenlaw and CWard switch spots, and have three corners on one side of the field to match their three receivers.  I suppose if the 9ers did this, the Cowboys would run numbers to the 3 corner side, then pulling guards and action plays to the space side of the field.  I wonder if the lack of a counter was intentional, as our ability to hold up on the back end in coverage held up.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

Not to kick Dallas when they are down, but I was listening to HAM a day or two before (at least I Think it was them....i listen to a lot of pods) and they were talking about the McCarthy problem as a coach being that he's simply not detailed oriented. Like, he's not getting into the nitty gritty and that's why he's not a great coach. Its crazy to see how that played exactly out like that....again. 

Last year there was the middle of the field draw and not having the players prepared on how to spot the ball (give it to the line judge). This year Dalton Schultz basically brainfarts on multiple plays on the last drive...they waste so much time getting the punt off prior to the 2 minute warning, etc. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not to kick Dallas when they are down, but I was listening to HAM a day or two before (at least I Think it was them....i listen to a lot of pods) and they were talking about the McCarthy problem as a coach being that he's simply not detailed oriented. Like, he's not getting into the nitty gritty and that's why he's not a great coach. Its crazy to see how that played exactly out like that....again. 

Last year there was the middle of the field draw and not having the players prepared on how to spot the ball (give it to the line judge). This year Dalton Schultz basically brainfarts on multiple plays on the last drive...they waste so much time getting the punt off prior to the 2 minute warning, etc. 

You are correct sir, it was HAM.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

CMC has been playing banged up since the end of the regular season. It's why I was so pissed he played against Arizona. 

It's possible he's overcompensating to a degree and that has caused other minor injuries to pop up. 

Kyle has ridden him hard. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I re-watched some of the game last night before going to sleep as I just could not fall asleep lol...And my goodness is Trent Williams GREAT. Like we all know he is, but this dude is different level special. Parsons tried him at the start of the game and may have had a win here or there but really he had no chance against Williams and quickly realized going up against McGlinchey is much easier. Shanny adjusted by chipping him with Juice or Kittle and did some other things to block him but Williams was erasing everyone in his sight. I have no idea how many elite seasons this man has but I am confident that he can play for another 5-6 seasons if he wants to. Will a SB ring make him retire at the duration of the contract? Possibly but I am not taking for granted what I see from him week in and week out.