Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

You're joking, right? 

Gore ripped off a huge run late in the 4th Q to get them down to the 7 yard line with a little over 2 min to go in the game. We had 4 cracks at the endzone inside the 10 yard line and Roman calls all passing plays. Not a single zone read or rushing attempt for Gore. Roman's terrible play calling in a situation set up for us to win the game is what lost it. 

Had the Niners not been so brutal in the first half of that SB loss to the Ravens they'd be no need for a late game comeback as the deficit was too much. Even had they scored a TD there was plenty of time for Joe Flacco to continue torch the Niners secondary like he did all game long. Oh btw Kap was brutal in the first half of that game.

12 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Colin K wasn't the reason the 49ers lost Super Bowl 47. He actually had a great game overall even with the INT. The defense giving up 34 points to Joe Flacco is what did the squad in. 

The better QB in the SB doesn't always come out on top. 

The bad first half by Kap cost them dearly as was the terrible job by the Niners secondary in letting Joe Flacco complete pass after pass.

12 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Any QB in that situation, that odds will be against them. Especially in the playoffs. 

If Shanahan can't run the ball with the best roster he's ever had, and everyone healthy at home, then he just got out-coached. 

Sometimes I've seen QB's fall behind and have no use for a run game and they just go hurry up temp passing attack and use that to get their respective teams back into the game e.g. Brady when down 28-3 in SB. Speaking of up tempo I'd like to see the Niners offense start out the game in that mode in order to slow down the Cowboys pass rush. Don't wait till your trailing to use that style of offense since defenses don't like it very much.

4 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Sometimes I've seen QB's fall behind and have no use for a run game and they just go hurry up temp passing attack and use that to get their respective teams back into the game e.g. Brady when down 28-3 in SB. Speaking of up tempo I'd like to see the Niners offense start out the game in that mode in order to slow down the Cowboys pass rush. Don't wait till your trailing to use that style of offense since defenses don't like it very much.

The 49ers will do what they do, and they won't do what they don't do.

Faster plays neutralize Kyle's play calling.

32 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Had the Niners not been so brutal in the first half of that SB loss to the Ravens they'd be no need for a late game comeback as the deficit was too much. Even had they scored a TD there was plenty of time for Joe Flacco to continue torch the Niners secondary like he did all game long. Oh btw Kap was brutal in the first half of that game.

Sure, if they did things different earlier in the game, a different outcome was possible. Regardless of all of that, they still had the game in their hand at the end to win and Roman screwed it up. 

He asked Kaep to do something that he was terrible at all year - throw fades. It was there to win and Roman went away from the strength of the offense and played into the strength of the defense, just stupid. 

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

You're joking, right? 

Gore ripped off a huge run late in the 4th Q to get them down to the 7 yard line with a little over 2 min to go in the game. We had 4 cracks at the endzone inside the 10 yard line and Roman calls all passing plays. Not a single zone read or rushing attempt for Gore. Roman's terrible play calling in a situation set up for us to win the game is what lost it. 

Crabtree was held or we win. But yeah that play calling was a joke.

36 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

They were playing really soft zone coverage against the Seahawks, especially on 3rd down. It really didn't make sense why they were consistently giving such soft cushions.

I was pretty upset with the soft zones last game. Seriously just conceding firsts.... And then still got beat for a 50 yard TD anyway lol

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was pretty upset with the soft zones last game. Seriously just conceding firsts.... And then still got beat for a 50 yard TD anyway lol

Well, that time they went in a cover 1 and Ward had no help...So Ryans is probably saying, "See! This is why I went soft zone for much of the game on 3rd downs!!!" 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Sure, if they did things different earlier in the game, a different outcome was possible. Regardless of all of that, they still had the game in their hand at the end to win and Roman screwed it up. 

He asked Kaep to do something that he was terrible at all year - throw fades. It was there to win and Roman went away from the strength of the offense and played into the strength of the defense, just stupid. 

That timeout right before the snap on the only called run play will forever haunt me. Smh 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think zone would work if the guys in coverage could just get to the pass catchers sitting down in the zone in time to make tackle if it's a short pass or break up the pass if its a deeper route. I guess it's a coverage thing as it's the one thing the Niners defense doesn't do so well.