Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys

J-ALL-DAY

7 hours ago, NFL Network said:

The bad first half by Kap cost them dearly as was the terrible job by the Niners secondary in letting Joe Flacco complete pass after pass.

Colin wasn't responsible for giving up 21 points in the first half, let alone 34 overall. You aren't going to win many games, especially in the playoffs when your defense plays like that. And yet there the 49ers were at the doorstep of winning the game with the clock ticking down. Pinning that loss on substandard QB play is crazy talk mate. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I was watching some clips from last year’s matchup and boy Trevon Diggs is soft! 

He rarely made an effort to tackle and shied away from scrums. He’s going to have a long, grueling day against the Niners. 

He's soft, though I do think that he was better in coverage this year than last year (even though he doesn't have the bajillion INT tds this year). 

IF Diggs and Parsons are on the same side of the field...may the nfl gods protect them on run plays because Shanny will target them all day. And we know how Shanny feels about Xavier Rhodes if he's starting opposite Diggs. He'll put that guy in the blender all damn game. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's soft, though I do think that he was better in coverage this year than last year (even though he doesn't have the bajillion INT tds this year). 

IF Diggs and Parsons are on the same side of the field...may the nfl gods protect them on run plays because Shanny will target them all day. And we know how Shanny feels about Xavier Rhodes if he's starting opposite Diggs. He'll put that guy in the blender all damn game. 

The key will be to get the Cowboys DBs in space against our receivers. They have a great pass rush but that's why it is important to get the run game going early to open up the PA boots. The Cowboys will play a lot of man I'm thinking to make the windows tighter for Purdy but he will have opportunities over the top. 

Deebo is probably going to get about 4-5 carries I'm thinking. Expect a heavy dosage of him to start the game. 

• Like 1

I spent the day looking for the most delusional, off base Cowboy's fan post, but I haven't seen anything yet.  I didn't find anything on this board for sure, this group of Cowboy's fans is surprisingly moderate.  At what point did the announcers' opinions become more extreme and short sighted than the fan's opinion?

The worst thing I read today was when Cris Simms said Mac Jones is a much better version of Brock Purdy, and imagine what the team would be doing with Mac Jones.  F%@$ Mac Jones, and I feel bad for clicking on something sooo stupid. 

I don't know why he gets paid, people watch because he has a platform, he has platform because one is given to him.  He wastes his platform with nonsense.  If somebody has absolutely nothing of substance to say, and they just say things that are either uneducated or intentionally wrong,  what is the point of having them on TV talking.  May as well have a lady shouting about cake or something.  Why is saying stupid, unsupported stuff somehow profitable for networks? 

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Why is saying stupid, unsupported stuff somehow profitable for networks? 

Ask society. People like to gawk at a sideshow or trainwreck. Same reason why no one watched NFL Matchup on ESPN, and watched NFL Live instead. 

People don't want to think about the X's and O's about their sports. They just want opinions related to the drama of their sportsball-soap operas. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

The worst thing I read today was when Cris Simms said Mac Jones is a much better version of Brock Purdy, and imagine what the team would be doing with Mac Jones.  F%@$ Mac Jones, and I feel bad for clicking on something sooo stupid

"The niners are taking Mac Jones at 3" crowd will never let it go (to be clear, I'm not talking about the people who wanted Mac Jones, I'm talking about the media heads who were adamant that the niners were taking Mac Jones at 3)

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

"The niners are taking Mac Jones at 3 crowd" will never let it go (to be clear, I'm not talking about the people who wanted Mac Jones, I'm talking about the media heads who were adamant that the niners were taking Mac Jones at 3)

Simms is just butt hurt because he was so adamant we were taking Jones and he was wrong. 

He was also pushing for Kellen Mond to be a first rounder and like the third best QB in his draft; boy has that aged well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Colin wasn't responsible for giving up 21 points in the first half, let alone 34 overall. You aren't going to win many games, especially in the playoffs when your defense plays like that. And yet there the 49ers were at the doorstep of winning the game with the clock ticking down. Pinning that loss on substandard QB play is crazy talk mate. 

Kaep was not the problem in the Superbowl. The Problem was Chris Culliver and the special teams giving up that TD out of the half. That was the ball game right there.

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, but Quinn's defenses have held Shanny in check the last two meetings.

No he did not. 

In 2019 49ers outgained the Falcons in total yards despite being completely flat that game. 49ers had that game won and Kittle fumbled on a sure 3rd down conversion that would have allowed the 49ers to kneel down and run the clock out. but kittles fumble stopped the clock and gave Atlanta the ball back. Ryan went right down the field because the 49ers D had no answers for Julio. 

2021 the 49ers were blowing Dallas off the field and that sh!t-for-brains QB Jimmy Garoppolo threw a bad INT (as he always does) and let Dallas back in the game.  

No Jimmy Garoppolo to save the Cowboys this season. Plus, they are in our house this time. Game might be close early... but 49ers are gonna blow them off the field in the 2nd half. Dallas is soft. They're tired And as soon as Shanahan get Purdy settled he's gonna kick the offense into high gear and Dallas won't be able to keep up.  

49ers 35 - Dallas 20

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Ask society. People like to gawk at a sideshow or trainwreck. Same reason why no one watched NFL Matchup on ESPN, and watched NFL Live instead. 

People don't want to think about the X's and O's about their sports. They just want opinions related to the drama of their sportsball-soap operas. 

I loved that show. It is such a shame they buried it at like 2 am every Wednesday after a full moon. First time I saw x's and o's on that level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

No he did not. 

In 2019 49ers outgained the Falcons in total yards despite being completely flat that game. 49ers had that game won and Kittle fumbled on a sure 3rd down conversion that would have allowed the 49ers to kneel down and run the clock out. but kittles fumble stopped the clock and gave Atlanta the ball back. Ryan went right down the field because the 49ers D had no answers for Julio. 

2021 the 49ers were blowing Dallas off the field and that sh!t-for-brains QB Jimmy Garoppolo threw a bad INT (as he always does) and let Dallas back in the game.  

No Jimmy Garoppolo to save the Cowboys this season. Plus, they are in our house this time. Game might be close early... but 49ers are gonna blow them off the field in the 2nd half. Dallas is soft. They're tired And as soon as Shanahan get Purdy settled he's gonna kick the offense into high gear and Dallas won't be able to keep up.  

49ers 35 - Dallas 20

I didn't say Quinn's defenses shut Shanny's offenses down, just that he held them to check… Which he did. The 2019 team averaged over 29 PPG and were held to 22 points in 2019...How exactly is that not considered holding the offense in check? And in last year's postseason game, the team scored 23 points, including only 7 in the 2nd half.