Week 20 - Divisional Round

Leader

5 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

While I agree that Buffalo will most likely win Allen sure likes to turn the ball over and get into hero mode. Personally I'm hoping for Cincy, but mostly I just want a good game. 

Huh just took the words out of my mouth.  Agree about Allen but Cincy really has serious problems with that O-line.  Only reason I picked Buffalo.  Think Burrow is the better QB but he'll be under serious duress. Can be an awesome QB but when there is no time to go through your progressions well it could get ugly.  31-23 Buffalo. 

2 hours ago, AJAK said:

"defence wins championships" Not in this pass happy and offence driven league. 

Huh. Crazy how five of the top 10 scoring defenses are still in it, and Jacksonville was 12th.

That’s the dumbest statement in the world of football the one you just made, and it’s gonna get proven dumb when the Chiefs don’t win the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Huh. Crazy how five of the top 10 scoring defenses are still in it, and Jacksonville was 12th.

That’s the dumbest statement in the world of football the one you just made, and it’s gonna get proven dumb when the Chiefs don’t win the Super Bowl.

Nah that's just a coincidence 😁  Agree KC is going to get bounced in the AFC Championship game.  

3 hours ago, LacyIsGood said:

The SF defense is a bit overrated IMO

1st in expected points

2nd in turnover percentage

1st in scoring percentage

1st in Yards/Carry

1st in INTs

11th in NY/A

2nd in 1st Downs Allowed

2nd in Takeaways

3rd in Yards/Play

2nd in Total Yards Allowed (only more than the Bills who played one fewer game)

1st in Total Points Allowed (38 fewer than the next team who played 17 games. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I like CIN over BUF. 

Expect the other three home teams to advance, even though I am actually pulling for all the road teams this week.  I can't remember the last time I wanted DAL to win, but seeing MM take down SF would be fun.

Just can't see Cincy's O-line holding up.  If I were to pick one upset it would be the Giants over Philly.  Hurts coming back off of a long lay off maybe he makes a few mistakes.  Honestly though not expecting any upsets this week. 

Count me in the Niners defense is overrated group.

Bears, Seahawks, Broncos, Rams, Panthers, Falcons, Chiefs, Rams, Chargers, Cardinals, Saints, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Commanders, Raiders, Cardinals.

Good teams? Seahawks, Chiefs, Chargers.

The Seahawks are a division rival. Point? The Lions are the worst defense and they made Rodgers look bad. Twice.

So basically you're looking at one good performance against the Chargers and getting destroyed by the Chiefs.

This is eerily similar to the Packers in all our top ten scoring defense seasons. Beat up on crap quarterbacks, but your true colors show against the good ones.

I think the Niners defense is a good defense, but I don't see them being a legitimate top 10 defense. If you're not tested, you're going to look great. It's the same reason that for the past 8 years we always have stretches that get us ranked in the top half of the league when everyone here knows we're not a top half defense based on ability.

I'd be much more frightened of the Cowboys defense going into a postseason game.

They started the season against the Buccaneers rather than getting them when everyone in the NFL saw their limitations offensively.
Then the Bengals. Then the Giants. They shut down the Lions when the Lions were scoring 30+ points per game. They gave the Eagles a great fight. They curbstomped the Vikings and were the team to show the NFL the Vikings were fake.

Then they held Brady to a tie for second lowest all-time point numbers in a postseason game.

The Cowboys are that team that plays to their level of competition. It's why they played better against Hurts than Minsnew. Why the Texans gave them a run for their money. Why the Packers beat them...

If I want to win Super Bowls, I want the defense that plays to their competition and looks better against good teams than they do against bad teams.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1st in expected points

2nd in turnover percentage

1st in scoring percentage

1st in Yards/Carry

1st in INTs

11th in NY/A

2nd in 1st Downs Allowed

2nd in Takeaways

3rd in Yards/Play

2nd in Total Yards Allowed (only more than the Bills who played one fewer game)

1st in Total Points Allowed (38 fewer than the next team who played 17 games. 

They've played extremely well, still you have to look at that secondary depth chart and say, meh. That's definitely a team that survives on their rush and keeping QBs under duress. Philly and Dallas are definitely above average on the OL, will be interesting to see if the Niners D holds up if they can block them up front.

On 1/17/2023 at 12:34 AM, Refugee said:

Looks like all of the pretenders got shaken out. Jax will go down swinging. Purdy9ers finally hit the wall.  Cinci/Buffalo is a coin toss but I think Buffalo got their wake up call. That game probably should be on a neutral site but thems the breaks. 

😄