Week 20 - Divisional Round

Leader

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Count me in the Niners defense is overrated group.

Bears, Seahawks, Broncos, Rams, Panthers, Falcons, Chiefs, Rams, Chargers, Cardinals, Saints, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Commanders, Raiders, Cardinals.

Good teams? Seahawks, Chiefs, Chargers.

The Seahawks are a division rival. Point? The Lions are the worst defense and they made Rodgers look bad. Twice.

So basically you're looking at one good performance against the Chargers and getting destroyed by the Chiefs.

This is eerily similar to the Packers in all our top ten scoring defense seasons. Beat up on crap quarterbacks, but your true colors show against the good ones.

I think the Niners defense is a good defense, but I don't see them being a legitimate top 10 defense. If you're not tested, you're going to look great. It's the same reason that for the past 8 years we always have stretches that get us ranked in the top half of the league when everyone here knows we're not a top half defense based on ability.

I'd be much more frightened of the Cowboys defense going into a postseason game.

They started the season against the Buccaneers rather than getting them when everyone in the NFL saw their limitations offensively.
Then the Bengals. Then the Giants. They shut down the Lions when the Lions were scoring 30+ points per game. They gave the Eagles a great fight. They curbstomped the Vikings and were the team to show the NFL the Vikings were fake.

Then they held Brady to a tie for second lowest all-time point numbers in a postseason game.

The Cowboys are that team that plays to their level of competition. It's why they played better against Hurts than Minsnew. Why the Texans gave them a run for their money. Why the Packers beat them...

If I want to win Super Bowls, I want the defense that plays to their competition and looks better against good teams than they do against bad teams.

Good points and all but nah.  49's Defense is legit.   Dak is going to fold like a cheap suit.  They'll play Philly and they will be tested then.  I'd take the 49's D over Dallas any day.  Guess we'll find out tomorrow.  As for Refugee Purdy has been consistent.  Purdy will have a decent game again.  He'll have to go to Philly if he's going to crap the bed it would be then.  49's are my pick to win it all. 

Edited by Scoremore

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Good points and all but nah.  49's Defense is legit.   Dak is going to fold like a cheap suit.  They'll play Philly and they will be tested then.  I'd take the 49's D over Dallas any day.  Guess we'll find out tomorrow.  As for Refugee Purdy has been consistent.  Purdy will have a decent game again.  He'll have to go to Philly if he's going to crap the bed it would be then.  49's are my pick to win it all. 

What he’s done is incredible. Rookie QB and literal last pick of the draft. I don’t discount what he’s done and what he could be. Compared to Jimmy G, he has shown he can improvise when a play breaks down. I also think he is enjoying a stacked roster and a bit of the novelty factor of being a new QB. Similar to a breakout MLB pitcher, a time comes when film study starts to reveal your tendencies and the opposition catches up. At that point, the good ones go back to the lab and keep taking their game to the next level. He might be good, but he will take some lumps and I think he takes a few Sunday. That might just be my wishful thinking. 

On 1/19/2023 at 5:09 PM, Scoremore said:

Dallas isn't beating SanFran.  I wouldn't mind seeing it but not going to happen.  San Fran is my pick to win it all.  Defense wins championships.  

Anyway it's pretty clear this week really don't expect any upsets.  

Buffalo, Kansas City, San Fransisco, and Philly.  Pretty clear cut.  No surprises.  The team I would love to go down is KC.  Honestly though the Jags won't have a chance. 

The one thing is this year's SF defense is a bit more flawed than versions of it in the past. Specifically the secondary.