Week 20 - Divisional Round

Leader

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol mak is fat person, he eat burger in in his poopface. he maek stupid play bc he is dumb dumb fattymcgoo man hehehehe haaaaaaha

That **** actually makes a lot of sense. I didn't see all the personnel but it was a way to get extra fast guys to pitch to since it doesn't matter if they aren't eligible for a pass. It's pretty smart. I bet we see someone else do this one day, the issue is finding time to practice such a trivial damn thing.

EDIT: if that had worked somehow, they would have been saying Kellen moore is a genius, but it didn't so Mac is fatperson

to be honest, if he hits Vasher instead of Turpin, he's got 2 lineman right in front of him.  Then I imagine you can try for a crossfield lateral.  Tons of stuff can get blown up, but throwing to Turpin makes no sense.  It also makes no sense to have zeke as the center.  Of course the NT is going to take the chance to blast him.  

7 minutes ago, Striker said:

Your cap space theory is in pretty good shape assuming KC falls vs the Bengals.

And if they don’t, it’ll come down to Hurts or Purdy because if Mahomes wins this year, that would be 17% of the cap and the theory would be dead.

8 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

to be honest, if he hits Vasher instead of Turpin, he's got 2 lineman right in front of him.  Then I imagine you can try for a crossfield lateral.  Tons of stuff can get blown up, but throwing to Turpin makes no sense.  It also makes no sense to have zeke as the center.  Of course the NT is going to take the chance to blast him.  

Yeah he doesn't need to be the center. That's a good point. I'm guessing the idea is they'll get the ball out so fast it doesn't matter. I need to see the replay to have a clue what all went on. I just watched him got blasted live and moved on.

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah he doesn't need to be the center. That's a good point. I'm guessing the idea is they'll get the ball out so fast it doesn't matter. I need to see the replay to have a clue what all went on. I just watched him got blasted live and moved on.

Wouldn't a better formation be to just get all your OL out there to form a convoy for whomever you deem the QB and just start laying guys out?  If they counter big, just out run them, or follow the convoy.

I don't know.  Just spitballing.  I know throwing it to the smallest guy on the team right in the middle of the field with no blockers is the wrong choice.

14 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Wouldn't a better formation be to just get all your OL out there to form a convoy for whomever you deem the QB and just start laying guys out?  If they counter big, just out run them, or follow the convoy.

I don't know.  Just spitballing.  I know throwing it to the smallest guy on the team right in the middle of the field with no blockers is the wrong choice.

Yeah makes sense I guess. I guess they just wanted to try something else. Doesn't seem like there's ever too much legit blocking on that and the big fatties probably have a hard time if you actually start getting down the field or running around for 30 seconds. IDK. 

The whole thing is such a long odds thing anyways I don't think there's much reason to look at it from every side.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

And if they don’t, it’ll come down to Hurts or Purdy because if Mahomes wins this year, that would be 17% of the cap and the theory would be dead.

Didn't the Rams already kill the theory last year between Stafford and Goff being on the books?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Didn't the Rams already kill the theory last year between Stafford and Goff being on the books?

No. Dead cap is dead cap. Had Goff stayed on the Rams, they wouldn't have won. Team morale and all that.

But, since I get asked this a lot...

The Rams won in spite of the dead cap by pushing literally every contract into the future.

Kupp cost 2.83% of the cap.
OBJ cost less than half a %.
Both tackles cost 5%.
Their highest paid IOL got paid .8%
Their highest paid EDGE got paid under 3%.
Aaron Donald under 8%.
Ramsey got paid 5.18% of their cap.

So the truth is... You CAN win with a QB being paid over 13% of the cap, but you're going to be paying a lot of old players millions of dollars when they're older.

Kupp is about to cost 12.3% of the cap in 2023.
Leonard Floyd will be 9.76% of the cap.
Donald will be 11.53%.
Ramsey 11.18%

This a year after their team completely fell apart.

They're currently 11 million over the cap.

Want to save 2 million? Okay, lose your best receiver and cut Kupp.
Cutting Donald frees up lots of space, but you just cut a legend.
Ramsey and you have nobody in the secondary.

So it's possible. I never said it was impossible. But if you're going to do it, you're going to have to restructure the contract of all your other good players to such a degree that you are going to cripple your team for years and years and years.

The Rams will not get out of this.

They're going to be a 5 year dumpster fire.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1