2022-23 Playoffs RD2!!! Gmen vs. Eagles @ 8:15pm 1/21/2023

Giants4eva

Showdown time. Sound off the hells bells people. I don't get as amped up as i do for a game until its time to play the birds. This is the game, this is THE GAME.  Yes we have lost to them. We got our butts kicked severely 5 weeks ago and then lost again to them 2 weeks ago. But u know what??? BRING. THEM. ON!!!! We now have a lot of knowledge on these guys and what we'll be up against. They have the best 2 WRs' as a twosome possibly in the NFL in Smith and Brown. They have an elite TE in Goedert, they have an oline that's elite. We have faced adversity in the past, we have been told this season were trash, DJs' a bum and every birds fans famous team name for us the midgets. But u know what.. if i'm the Eagles you better be prepared. This is not the same Giants team from weeks back. This will not be a 20+ point drubbing. This team is the scariest kind of team nobody wants to face and that's a hot team. 

Daniel Jones is fire right now. And i know in my heart of hearts he is fed up, sick of, and just plain mad at losing to these guys. He owes them some damn payback and its gonna be a blood bath come saturday night. Saquon needs to make sure he can get open out of the backfield the way he did in the Vikes game and the oline gonna have to become the brotherhood oline of 07 to have a chance to win this thing. If the oline can manage to give DJ time, i feel strongly we can get this game into our pockets. 

Defense. This is the key to it all. Defense wins championships. We have got to find a way to be able to contain Jalen Hurts. Ya i know they say his shoulder is suspect, i don't buy it. Eagles were 100% playing vanilla in the last meeting to keep him upright and make sure he didn't sustain any kind of issue. We all know he's not hurt. Kayvon needs to play lights out. He is going against a stalwart in Lane Johnson. He deff has his hands full. He must make sure he has contain and not let anything slip by. Boston Scott and Miles Sanders i feel are gonna be the headaches for us this game. Between them and handling coverage for a TE is where this team needs to improve in a hurry, i have faith in Wink and i know even him, he's sick of facing these guys. With Adoree back and Fabian Moreau having more knowledge now of what to do against this offensive weaponry of the birds i think we stand a chance. 

Bottom line.. we somehow manage to win this game, and i feel we have a very good chance to do it, you have to start thinking.. is S---- B--- 57 somehow in our sites??... Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Gmen 28 / Birds 26

• Like 2

We need an amazing gameplan, amazing performances, and a good amount of luck to win this game. We saw what a pseudo-bye week was able to do for some of our top players. Philly is coming off their bye week, and I fully expect Hurts to not be limited (Lane Johnson is another story).

The talent difference between us and Philly is so vast. Our receivers are all castoffs, with our #1 guy being someone we picked up off waivers in November. Our starting LBs both couldn't find active rosters anywhere else in the league. A quarter of their team is on the all-pro team.

All that said, why not us?

Giants 28 Philly 27.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

We need an amazing gameplan, amazing performances, and a good amount of luck to win this game. We saw what a pseudo-bye week was able to do for some of our top players. Philly is coming off their bye week, and I fully expect Hurts to not be limited (Lane Johnson is another story).

The talent difference between us and Philly is so vast. Our receivers are all castoffs, with our #1 guy being someone we picked up off waivers in November. Our starting LBs both couldn't find active rosters anywhere else in the league. A quarter of their team is on the all-pro team.

All that said, why not us?

Giants 28 Philly 27.

Have faith brudda, this team believes in itself and it has the heart of a bloodthirsty lion. This is not gonna be a walk in the park for the birds. 

It comes down to Hurts. If he's 100%, Eagles will have the edge. If he's still hobbled, the Giants have the edge. Especially with the confidence the team has been playing with these last few weeks. Regardless, it should be a great game. Both know what's at stake here. NFCE rivalry, winner goes to NFCCG.

Talent wise.. they dwarf us. It will take another offseason and draft to match their roster. But.. man I can't shake this feeling somehow...Gmen are going to pull this off. I don't even care if they get murdered the next week @SF. Winning this game.. one and doning our most hated rival in their best season record wise...would be about as good as it gets. Considering the expectations coming into this season.. this is our SB. If Jones plays anything like he did last week... this is winnable. Philly is damn good no doubt but they have owned us for so damn long. Redemption will be had at some point. Why not now. 

Giants :20
Philly: 17

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Mckinney was missed bad as well. I really feel like Mckinney makes the correct play on that ball that Julian Love misplaced.

Julian Love is great, but he's got his limitations. Not great ball skills and doesn't have a lot of speed. Very smart and solid player though. 

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Mckinney was missed bad as well. I really feel like Mckinney makes the correct play on that ball that Julian Love misplaced.

Julian Love is great, but he's got his limitations. Not great ball skills and doesn't have a lot of speed. Very smart and solid player though. 

Absolutely. I remember thinking before that game "Man, we're facing one of the best offenses in the NFL without our two best secondary players, and our second best front 7 player. This isn't gong to end well."

The defense has the horses now to hold their own against Philly's offense. The question is; can they execute? They need to step up against the run. If Philly runs the ball the way they did in Week 14, they'll be playing in the NFCCG.

3 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

Absolutely. I remember thinking before that game "Man, we're facing one of the best offenses in the NFL without our two best secondary players, and our second best front 7 player. This isn't gong to end well."

The defense has the horses now to hold their own against Philly's offense. The question is; can they execute? They need to step up against the run. If Philly runs the ball the way they did in Week 14, they'll be playing in the NFCCG.

I think even full strength we don't have the horses to match up with the Eagles offense. We are gonna need some luck, perfect execution, and splash plays from our dominant players to have a chance. Even then, like the Vikings, they are going to get theirs. We are going to need to match on offense.

I've been waiting all year for someone to recognize that the Giants can't stop the run for anything and stick with a consistent running attack for the entire game. No one has done it yet, but if they were to, it would be an easy offensive day. I feel like Philly might try it this week. We'll see.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I think even full strength we don't have the horses to match up with the Eagles offense. We are gonna need some luck, perfect execution, and splash plays from our dominant players to have a chance. Even then, like the Vikings, they are going to get theirs. We are going to need to match on offense.

I've been waiting all year for someone to recognize that the Giants can't stop the run for anything and stick with a consistent running attack for the entire game. No one has done it yet, but if they were to, it would be an easy offensive day. I feel like Philly might try it this week. We'll see.

That's a good point about the Giants run defense. It was awful for most of the season. I'm also not suggesting that our defense necessarily matches up well against Philly's offense. What I'm saying is that we do have the talent to hang with them. A healthy Sexy Dexy and Big Kat in the middle has the ability to slow down the run game. Philly has great passing weapons, too. But Adoree, McKinney and Love are all solid to very good in coverage. I have a lot of respect for Philly's offense. I'm just saying the talent is there on defense to hang with them. Wink will need to call a great game and the players will all need to play to their potential. I wouldn't really chalk it up to luck.

• Like 1