2022-23 Playoffs RD2!!! Gmen vs. Eagles @ 8:15pm 1/21/2023

Giants4eva

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

GGs gents. Had some nice back and forth this week. The NFL is way more fun when our division is good, and with the way you guys played this year I have no doubt we are in for years of hard fought games coming up.

Lets all root for the Cowboys to lose tomorrow.

Amen. You guys are just way ahead of us. Hopefully we can catch for next season.

Well, boys; tough way for it to end. An absolute and comprehensive domination by the Eagles. Gotta give them credit. They have a dominant offensive line and defensive line, and very good skills position players on both sides. That's the recipe for a deep playoff run. They'll be a tough out for anyone. I thought this team had a chance to make it competitive. Clearly, I was a wrong.

They were able to expose every weakness of this team; run defense, interior o-line, WRs, and LBs. Those are the holes that need to be fixed in order for this team to be a contender. Props to Daboll and crew for getting this team to the playoffs and beating a 13 win team. But we all know that's not the goal. They've got their work cut out for them. I'm excited to see what moves they make with all of the cap space. 

Edited by w4rrior723
  • Like 1

Thoughts on Saturday... 

We just plain got beat down. All facets of the game. The Eagles just showed we are still a ways away. We need alot more pieces to get this ship in the direction of the elite teams of the league. Any way u cut it this season was a success, the team that was beaten and left for dead before 2022 even started got us to a divisional rd playoff and established a new culture in the locker room. 

Brian Daboll deserves coach of the year for what he has brought to this team by a mile. We have a QB of the future, a stud RB, an oline that is beginning to become alot more steady and a defense that has shown it can play pretty good. We got a few players who were voted the pro bowl and even had an All-Pro in Dex. So much to be proud of for this team and for the direction its headed in the future. 

1 minute ago, Giants4eva said:

Thoughts on Saturday... 

We just plain got beat down. All facets of the game. The Eagles just showed we are still a ways away. We need alot more pieces to get this ship in the direction of the elite teams of the league. Any way u cut it this season was a success, the team that was beaten and left for dead before 2022 even started got us to a divisional rd playoff and established a new culture in the locker room. 

Brian Daboll deserves coach of the year for what he has brought to this team by a mile. We have a QB of the future, a stud RB, an oline that is beginning to become alot more steady and a defense that has shown it can play pretty good. We got a few players who were voted the pro bowl and even had an All-Pro in Dex. So much to be proud of for this team and for the direction its headed in the future. 

Not only did they show that we are a ways away, they attacked the exact spots we are the furthest away in. The Eagles scored 38 points while their QB threw for 150 yards by brutally and efficiently attacking the 2nd level of our defense, which I was waiting for someone to do all season. The only LBs who are on this team who will be here next year are the 2 rookies- McFadden and Beavers. Expect major moves there (Edmunds or Pratt, I'd guess).

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Not only did they show that we are a ways away, they attacked the exact spots we are the furthest away in. The Eagles scored 38 points while their QB threw for 150 yards by brutally and efficiently attacking the 2nd level of our defense, which I was waiting for someone to do all season. The only LBs who are on this team who will be here next year are the 2 rookies- McFadden and Beavers. Expect major moves there (Edmunds or Pratt, I'd guess).

I think another thing to point out is that the Eagles have the biggest power in 2 areas that nobody else has in the league. They have the most dominating Oline and Dlines bar none. Most games are won and lost up front on the lines and they were almost flawless. The amount of time Hurts had in the pocket was just unreal. The dline has 4 guys with 10+ sacks a piece. The recipe for dominance is have the biggest baddest lines. Upgrading the big uglies on both sides of the line is something we need to do to compete against teams like them. 

Edited by Giants4eva