Dead Wood Mock

Big T

Here we go again, year after year, the elephant in the room. Our OL, so what do we do (WE) as in the Jets organization?

First lets get rid of the dead wood underperforming FA's we've signed Tomlinson, Brown and McGovern, yeasty! Talk about dead wood. How much we would save in cap room would be amazing. I would have to drop Fant into this category as well. P.U. and we can't continue to hope Mount Becton actually can get back on to the field.

Talk about having an elephant in the room, Becton doesn't come any less noticeable than his underwhelming career and his continued uninspiring words of his return to form or better. 

T/B/M have to account for about 36 million easily, and while I could go into the defensive side of the ball I will only point out that Lawson should be let go or have his contract reevaluated and adjusted. While he hasn't been a bust, he hasn't lived up to the hype and expectation.

There are other OL which I can't for the life of me wonder why they are even sitting on the bench. But thats for another day.

So obviously the 2023 draft outside of some trades Moore/Mims/Berrios, the Jets IMHO should focus on adding 3 OL this year somewhere in the draft, along with a S, LB, RB.

Yes RB, do we go into the season with this group? Not hardly, BH cannot be relied upon and our RB room doesn't inspire me.

So my top players to draft is as follows and it would depend on who's where and when.

First pick in the draft, BPA....WHAT!!!!

1.OL....Paris Johnson,  or G O'cyrus Torrance 

2. C J.M. Shimitz (first drafted C since Nick Mangold) about time too! 

3. Duwann Jones T (if the Jets draft a T in round 1 then this changes  to LB BPA Drew Sanders/

4. Trey Dean S from Florida 

5. Chase Brown RB

6.Nick Broeker G

Because there are too many variables the first pick in the draft is really an unknown. But I want a C in round 2 PERIOD!!!! Too many years have passed without one since the Mangold retired. Get'er Done!!!

27 minutes ago, Big T said:

Here we go again, year after year, the elephant in the room. Our OL, so what do we do (WE) as in the Jets organization?

First lets get rid of the dead wood underperforming FA's we've signed Tomlinson, Brown and McGovern, yeasty! Talk about dead wood. How much we would save in cap room would be amazing. I would have to drop Fant into this category as well. P.U. and we can't continue to hope Mount Becton actually can get back on to the field.

Talk about having an elephant in the room, Becton doesn't come any less noticeable than his underwhelming career and his continued uninspiring words of his return to form or better. 

T/B/M have to account for about 36 million easily, and while I could go into the defensive side of the ball I will only point out that Lawson should be let go or have his contract reevaluated and adjusted. While he hasn't been a bust, he hasn't lived up to the hype and expectation.

There are other OL which I can't for the life of me wonder why they are even sitting on the bench. But thats for another day.

So obviously the 2023 draft outside of some trades Moore/Mims/Berrios, the Jets IMHO should focus on adding 3 OL this year somewhere in the draft, along with a S, LB, RB.

Yes RB, do we go into the season with this group? Not hardly, BH cannot be relied upon and our RB room doesn't inspire me.

So my top players to draft is as follows and it would depend on who's where and when.

First pick in the draft, BPA....WHAT!!!!

1.OL....Paris Johnson,  or G O'cyrus Torrance 

2. C J.M. Shimitz (first drafted C since Nick Mangold) about time too! 

3. Duwann Jones T (if the Jets draft a T in round 1 then this changes  to LB BPA Drew Sanders/

4. Trey Dean S from Florida 

5. Chase Brown RB

6.Nick Broeker G

Because there are too many variables the first pick in the draft is really an unknown. But I want a C in round 2 PERIOD!!!! Too many years have passed without one since the Mangold retired. Get'er Done!!!

The idea of a mock draft now is insane, we don't even have a NFL QB on the roster. We can't even think about a mock draft till we get a QB, We have no idea how much it is going the cost us to get a real QB.  We are in limbo till we get a QB. 

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The idea of a mock draft now is insane, we don't even have a NFL QB on the roster. We can't even think about a mock draft till we get a QB, We have no idea how much it is going the cost us to get a real QB.  We are in limbo till we get a QB. 

Mock drafts are cool if done properly and at this stage of the offseason the qb situation is the most important. So any ‘mock’ without FA and the answer to the qb situation is pointless. 

5 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Please no mock drafts unless done properly with FA. Like how can you assess the draft without knowing what’s been done elsewhere. All we can see here is you like a few offensive lineman in the draft. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That  is my whole point you are right. You can;t put the cart before the horse. And that is what is happing till we get a real QB

16 hours ago, doumeyer said:

That  is my whole point you are right. You can;t put the cart before the horse. And that is what is happing till we get a real QB

Well, does it really matter who the QB is? Your supposing that we are going to sign a QB as a FA. If the assumption is right and it probably is, why does one have to wait to point out the obvious lack of cohesiveness on the OL and address it in the draft?

So is your logic, lets wait until FA and the QB behind the line before we can address our most glaring weakness, or do we pay millions for FA's and kill our cap. I'm taking into account our cap and what it is going to cost for Q and for a 200 million dollar QB , never mind the FA.

On 1/18/2023 at 6:00 AM, Big T said:

Well, does it really matter who the QB is? Your supposing that we are going to sign a QB as a FA. If the assumption is right and it probably is, why does one have to wait to point out the obvious lack of cohesiveness on the OL and address it in the draft?

So is your logic, lets wait until FA and the QB behind the line before we can address our most glaring weakness, or do we pay millions for FA's and kill our cap. I'm taking into account our cap and what it is going to cost for Q and for a 200 million dollar QB , never mind the FA.

I have no idea how the Jets are going to get a QB, the problem is the Jets front office & coaching staff has no idea either. However, you are right about the cost of getting a new QB, it is going to be astronomical. WE PUT ALL OUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET WHEN WE DRAFTED ZACH WILSON, AND YOU KNOW THE          PRICE OF EGGS TODAY.