New GM: Ran Carthon

deeluxx3

7 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

Do I want him traded? Absolutely not. However I can see a scenario come draft day that might be convincing. Say the Bears stay at one and take the best defender at one. Houston probably takes a QB. Cardinals are on the clock at 3 and the defender they wanted was taken at one. I could see them making a call to us about Jeff.

Just for conversation sake. Say they offer pick number 3, DeAndre Hopkins, and a one or two next year, for Simmons? Is that enough?

That's a great package and a fair trade IMO. And getting a QB should be absolute top priority...but man it'd be deflating to lose Simmons.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If they offer that, you absolutely take it, lol.  If you're looking at Jalen Carter (on a rookie contract), Deandre Hopkins, and another first for Simmons, you take it.  That is a huge haul.

If it was just the top 3 pick, I say no way.

Take Stroud or Young, not another DT. Can take a DT at #11.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Take Stroud or Young, not another DT. Can take a DT at #11.

Stroud, sure.  If he's there at 3.  I'm not so sure.

But there aren't any DTs worth taking at 11 IMO.  Huge gap between Carter and the next one, unless you count Tuli as a DT.  But people seem to be weirdly low on him.

I'd of course prefer to not take a QB at all in that situation, load the hell out of this team with a stud defender and a LT, and run it back with Tanny and Malik.  Take your two firsts next year and get a QB when you'll have them walk onto an actually very talented team.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Stroud, sure.  If he's there at 3.  I'm not so sure.

But there aren't any DTs worth taking at 11 IMO.  Huge gap between Carter and the next one, unless you count Tuli as a DT.  But people seem to be weirdly low on him.

I'd of course prefer to not take a QB at all in that situation, load the hell out of this team with a stud defender and a LT, and run it back with Tanny and Malik.  Take your two firsts next year and get a QB when you'll have them walk onto an actually very talented team.

Totally spaced on the extra 1st. I would absolutely do that instead. Forget my last post.

I could see a first and a player being offered, but then it probably wouldn't be a player like Hopkins.  I doubt someone would offer a deal good enough to make it worth taking IMO.  If the Cards were in that position and wanted a DT, they'd just draft Carter, who looks like he will be a Simmons level player.

Then it's hard for me to think of very many teams that think they're just one interior defensive lineman away from a Super Bowl.  But that's where they'd probably be if they were gonna offer more than just a first round pick for Simmons.  That's the only time it makes sense to give up draft picks just to have the right to sign a free agent.

5 minutes ago, SARGO127 said:

Why would the Cardinals give that much?

Is it really that much? Rumors are Hopkins gets traded for a day 2 pick. So its basically two 1st round picks and a 3rd (Hopkins) for someone who many would consider the top interior defensive lineman not named Donald, who just now entering their prime. That seems pretty reasonable compensation. 

Also, the Cardinals new GM used to work for us and knows exactly what they're getting in Simmons and I imagine he knows its gonna take a lot to get him if they want him. 

17 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

Is it really that much? Rumors are Hopkins gets traded for a day 2 pick. So its basically two 1st round picks and a 3rd (Hopkins) for someone who many would consider the top interior defensive lineman not named Donald, who just now entering their prime. That seems pretty reasonable compensation. 

Also, the Cardinals new GM used to work for us and knows exactly what they're getting in Simmons and I imagine he knows its gonna take a lot to get him if they want him. 

It really is.

18 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

It's is SIGNIFICANTLY more than what Buckner went for a couple years ago. He went for #13 straight up, and you're suggesting #3, another 1st, and Hopkins. It's a giant win for the Titans.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It's is SIGNIFICANTLY more than what Buckner went for a couple years ago. He went for #13 straight up, and you're suggesting #3, another 1st, and Hopkins. It's a giant win for the Titans.

I said a first or second. #3, next years second, and Hopkins sound more reasonable? Also I don't think Buckner is quite on the level that Simmons is. Mack was traded for two 1st, a 3rd and a 6th a few years ago. I would imagine it would take something In between what buckner and mack brought in trade. 

But regardless I don't  think it's realistic but the question was what we as fans would want in return to be okay with Simmons being traded. To me that's what it would take for me as a fan. Do I think it will happen? No I don't. But if someone offered a package like that I wouldn't be upset for too long if Simmons is gone. 

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

this took me BACK to when I got hired at Dairy Queen in April 2007

All good feelings. 

We will lock back fondly on this moment when the forum wants him to draft or sign player x and he gets player y. 

Then the #FireRan is trending. 

• Like 1